FlashMaster659

Wed #s IW - 16.8m

4 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

$1b tomorrow or Saturday?

Really depends on what the international haul was yesterday. I have no idea how much to have expected it to drop from Tuesday. $40M? I have no clue...

2 hours ago, bladels said:

Actually, TA and BP's wed is not quite 1/4 their Sun. fmpro rounded up those numbers

Calculate IW's Wed using:

BP's drop: $16.9M -> 44.7% 2nd wk drop

TA's drop: $16.5M -> 50.3% 2nd wk drop

I'm thinking O/U 50% drop for IW

$16.8M is really close to BP

45-46% 2nd wk drop? :ph34r: 

• Astonished 1

THE AVENGERS' first Wednesday was about 23.9% of its first Sunday.

$16.8M for IW is roughly 24.3% of Sunday. Not that much of a difference, but it all adds up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Today's drop should be anywhere from 6-9%. I'm leaning towards 7% given the new releases are selling very little.

What do you expect for the Friday jump? Looking at what everyone else is predicting, seems like I'm lowballing by suggesting 100-102%.

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

What do you expect for the Friday jump? Looking at what everyone else is predicting, seems like I'm lowballing by suggesting 100-102%.

That's not a lowball at all given Black Panther jumped the same amount. Personally, I'm going a little higher into TA's range somewhere around 130%

So a 28.2% drop, worse than the Avengers, but better than Black Panther, Civil War, and essentially tied with Age of Ultron.  Make of that what you will.

Thursday drops:

BP: -3%

AoU: -8.5%

TA: -9%

CW: -9.1%

So expect a sub 10% drop.  15.3M if it follows the Avengers exactly.

18 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Really depends on what the international haul was yesterday. I have no idea how much to have expected it to drop from Tuesday. $40M? I have no clue...

Nah 40m OS is too much for Wednesday seeing that it is following a Tuesday where it was holiday in many parts of the world. I believe Avengers fell near 50% on similar Wednesday in same conditions so expect a drop somewhere in the same region and a total around 30m

Less than 25 - Not good

25ish = meh

30ish = expected

30-35 = good

35-40 = great

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

btw, Focus probably made the right move to give Tully a smaller release. The movie sounds a lot more dramatic than the trailers are suggesting. 

I'm just shocked my theatre isn't getting it. My theatre gets everything!

The only movies my theatre hasn't gotten in recent memory are CHAPPAQUIDDICK and ACRIMONY.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 1