Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

12 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I don't think it was a riddle. I interpreted it as him saying that it's holding well on Sunday.

9 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Liked my $37M guess.

:sparta:

9 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Only a 20.7% drop from Sat. That has to be the best 2nd Sun. hold or at least among the best for an MCU film, right?

Previous best was Ant-Man with 20.8%, so it’ll be down to the actuals there. 

Nope, Incredible Hulk with a 19.3% :hahaha:  

Easy to have a good Second Sun drop when you had a weak Second Sat :P 

Spoiler

Like IW :ph34r:

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Infinity War this week-end

tumblr_nzjxi2ejdv1tlb56zo1_250.gif

I know that I'm the overreaction king of the boards. I know that I overpredict stuff and Infinity War was no different. But... is Infinity War truly "crumbling"? 

I mean, it's still operating above both Black Panther and The Avengers. I still think it has an honest shot to grossing more than $700m. Hell, I'm still team 3x multiplier. I honestly don't think neither DP2 or Solo will make as much of a dent as many think. I mean, even if Infinity War performs "just" like The Avengers back then up to May 17th, it'd add around $103.6m to its domestic gross. That would mean roughly around $553m for Infinity War, and I fully expect to go over that because I don't see any reason to start going under TA anytime soon. 

At same period of time, TFA would be around $770m, JW at $560m, TA at 476m, TLJ at $549m and BP at 521m. I don't think it's impossible to Infinity War to gross $150-180m more after its third weekend. But let's see what happens, it'll be interesting to see how the next two weekends will shape up, to say the least.  

Edited by ZattMurdock

8 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Hell, I'm still team 3x multiplier.

This would be a total of over 770M, which requires just under a 4x multiplier off the 2nd weekend. Nothing even resembling a reasonable comp has done that.

• Like 1

Even after the Monday-Tuesday numbers I was thinking 675-700, now I'm thinking 660-680 which is still over 2.5x and something I would have bet real money against all the way up to when we got a taste of the first Saturday number. I say this thing has crazy good legs considering it's the most sequelly sequel of all sequels.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, LinksterAC said:

So basically something pretty strange happened on Saturday. 

Saturday was not as busy as expected at my theater, management came to the conclusion that Cinco de Mayo and Prom prevented some adults and teenagers from coming to the movies. This may have been the case for many areas if they were similar to mine.

Edited by StarSaber

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

With a 37M Sun, 115 weekend, it ends up 206 short of Titanic, and needs a 2.79 multi off this weekend to pass it (quite likely). Needs 3.15 off the weekend for 700, which is definitely possible, but also quite missable.

36,5 mill sunday will make 700 mill very likely again IMO.

Its 50 mill ahead of TA and gaining millions every day.

TA made 250 mill more from its 2nd sunday

Cant see how it misses 700 mill. Not even with Deadpool coming

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fmpro said:

So what you're saying is...

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 15

3 minutes ago, fmpro said:

I do not see so clear. TA adjusts to $705m and the second weekend was already bigger than IW's (116 vs 112). IW is still $30m ahead of TA adjusted but we have to see how does it drop against Deadpool or Solo, and during latest weeks against Incredibles or Jurassic World. TA did not face so huge competition.

Since 2nd weekend:

TA had a x3.45 multiplier

Ultron had a x2.91

Civil War a x2.55

Black Panther has, for the moment, x3.58, but it is a different phenomenon.

IW would need a x3.23 to reach $700m. I do not say it will not happen, but I see it a bit hard for the moment.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, peludo said:

I do not see so clear. TA adjusts to $705m and the second weekend was already bigger than IW's (116 vs 112). IW is still $30m ahead of TA adjusted but we have to see how does it drop against Deadpool or Solo, and during latest weeks against Incredibles or Jurassic World. TA did not face so huge competition.

Since 2nd weekend:

Ultron had a x2.91

Civil War a x2.55

IW would need a x3.23 to reach $700m. I do not say it will not happen, but I see it a bit hard for the moment.

The 36M Sunday bumps the required multi down a little. Would need a 3.17x multi off a 114M weekend, which is pretty much bang on half way between AoU and TA. Still think it'll be difficult but if it can keep holding above AoU it could manage it. You're right about the competition though, could definitely throw a spanner in the works.

Should be interesting to follow. I think it can at least go over Titanic.

• Like 2

ABNORMAL Sunday hold, if true. Puts it once again on track to break through Titanic in the DOM chart. Still dunno about 700M cause of the incoming competition, but stranger things have happened.

What the flying fuck happened on Saturday, then? Was there another Mayweather boxing match? :rofl:  (And I wonder if whatever depressed Sat so much affected Friday too.....)

Can you imagine if this weekend was IW's OW like originally predicted? Meltdowns galore, I tell you. Kevin Feige is a future-seeing genius :sparta:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

This would be a total of over 770M, which requires just under a 4x multiplier off the 2nd weekend. Nothing even resembling a reasonable comp has done that.

So, I haven't missed anything then.

50 minutes ago, peludo said:

Since 2nd weekend:

Ultron had a x2.91

Civil War a x2.55

Pretty sure it will. But could be close

• Like 1