Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

3 hours ago, Chewy said:

1f5e3.png Luke Skywalker died a virgin and the only person he kissed was his sister 1f5e3.png

I think he might have gotten a lady of the night on one of the planets he visited.  I'm sure there are plenty of Mos Eisley's in the galaxy.

3 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Outpacing Fate of the Furious  in presales by a decent amount. Fate of Furious ended up making $390M in Total in China.

Amazing!  Thank you.

• Like 1

Just now, Iron Raf said:

Who is y’all and what’s your point ? Anyone who is celebrating IW also celebrated BP. 

getting mad about jokes >>>

• Like 1

I know I’m newish here, but it’s pretty weird to me how many people come out of the woodwork to tell people that they shouldn’t be disappointed by numbers that disspoint them. Seems like a serious failure to distinguish between objective/macro performance and subjective/micro level performance.      

If BP comes in with 2.5 this weekend and someone says “oh, that’s disspointing, I was hoping for 3M” then telling them “BP isn’t a disappointment, it made ~700M” is missing the point pretty hard (even though it is true).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

I know I’m newish here, but it’s pretty weird to me how many people come out of the woodwork to tell people that they shouldn’t be disappointed by numbers that disspoint them. Seems like a serious failure to distinguish between objective/macro performance and subjective/micro level performance.      

If BP comes in with 2.5 this weekend and someone says “oh, that’s disspointing, I was hoping for 3M” then telling them “BP isn’t a disappointment, it made ~700M” is missing the point pretty hard (even though it is true).

But maybe it's because people are expecting or hoping for numbers that aren't realistic.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Chewy said:

1f5e3.png Luke Skywalker died a virgin and the only person he kissed was his sister 1f5e3.png

Wait, with that kind of Jedi mind power, Luke shoule be able to get laid as many times as he wanted no?

"Come along, I'll show you the force."

Edited by vc2002

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

But maybe it's because people are expecting or hoping for numbers that aren't realistic.

The over-reactors on here are constantly screaming disappointment about nearly every single film. They have ridiculously over the top expectations, they will always be disappointed. No need screaming about it every weekend. They even move goal posts after the fact just so they can be more disappointed.

19 minutes ago, cannastop said:

The weekend comes below everyone's expectations, and the usual crowd crows that people aren't allowed to be disappointed.

You won't get banned for being disappointed in a movie locked to make 625 m DOM and 1.8 billion WW.

You will be criticized. :hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Bigger numbers, based on the weekdays, were realistic. This is seriously performing awful in its second weekend ,ALL THINGS CONSIDERED. Why sugarcoat it ? I don’t think I remember a similar case ever, yes many big movies had worse second weekend drops but you could see that coming even from their first Monday. This is kind of unique in its performance and the fact that it is dropping so much in second weekend after having so good, non holiday and non summer, weekdays.

15 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

It's annoying when people are disappointed by stupid expectations to begin with to be honest.

Sure, be disappointed all you want but just accept that you will have to hear people telling you "I told you so".

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1