kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

12 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

I agree. People can flip flop on here, but over on the subreddit opinions change every half hour. Also much less trolling and stupidity here.

I will say this: I find @IronJimbo annoying as all kinds of hell, but I find him far more reasonable and respectful than people give him credit for. Even more so about @JamesCameronScholar. I respect Avatar and this has been an absolutely insane ride. Just like Zoe Saldana says on this ACE ComicCon panel (around the 02:26 mark):

I hope Avengers: Endgame and Avatar keep dethroning each other throughout the years with every release they have. Both absolutely deserve it, and I’m happy to witness that.

Edited by Zatt Hawkguy Murdock
  • Like 3

Just now, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

I will say this: I find @IronJimbo annoying as all kinds of hell, but I find here far more reasonable and respectful than people give him credit for. Even more so about @JamesCameronScholar. I respect Avatar and this has been an absolutely insane ride. Just like Zoe Saldana says on this ACE ComicCon panel:

I hope Avengers: Endgame keep dethroning each other throughout the years with every release they have. Both absolutely deserve it, and I’m happy to witness that.

I feel the same about the Jim Gang. Some days I really like them, some days the really annoy me. It’s like the weather...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I just googled Endgame, and I really wonder what these dumbass outlets are going to say when it passes Avatar. Look at the Verge and their article about Marvel fans coming to terms about not beating Avatar. A lot of outlets are doing it, and you know they will put some spin on it when it does pass Avatar.

4 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

I just googled Endgame, and I really wonder what these dumbass outlets are going to say when it passes Avatar. Look at the Verge and their article about Marvel fans coming to terms about not beating Avatar. A lot of outlets are doing it, and you know they will put some spin on it when it does pass Avatar.

Everyone will be singing a different tune after this weekend. It’s truly nothing new when it comes to box office. For what is worth, both trades didn’t really said that trade wouldn’t do it, just that didn’t make it last weekend. Reading comprehension is hard, it seems.

4 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

It says a lot about the kinds of people who are selected to write box office related articles when Mendelson is the cream of the crop.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

Estimated or projected? I saw him projecting yesterday, but if it’s an estimate, that it’s great.

Estimate. A few people are pulling doom and gloom on Reddit, but that number/trend should still get it to Avatar imo.

Edited by Doctor Stark
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

Estimate. A few people are pulling doom and gloom on Reddit, but that number/trend should still get it to Avatar imo.

There was no possible way it would make over what it did yesterday, I was expecting low $0.6k, that seems legit great.

3 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

There was no possible way it would make over what it did yesterday, I was expecting low $0.6k, that seems legit great.

Yeah it is going to play differently than usual. We can get some relatively low weekdays and still get a $4 million+ weekend.

If i choose to go to the movie on a weekday, i'll prefer a new movie over the old one. Besides, Monday was a holiday in Canada, so Sunday was weirdly inflated too. 

Let's see. 2.3M on Sat, -23% on Sunday gives 1.77M, -60% on Monday gives 0.7k. Tues was depressed by FFH, so i expect Wed and Thu will stay level (also 4th of July). 2.8M weekdays, 844.7M cume. Friday jumps 55%, another 55% on Sat and -22% for Sunday gives 3.8M weekend. 848.5M by Sunday.

Overseas is tricky because Disney is playing the magic card there. 1927.5M? For 2.776B total.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 3:37 PM, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

I’m gonna say this:

I think it’s entirely feasible for Avengers: Endgame to make another $10m worldwide until next Sunday. Could it be stronger because of the Spider-Man: Far From Home bump? Sure, that’s why @nguyenkhoi282‘s projection can’t be taken for granted.

My takeaway: $2.75-2.80B worldwide next Sunday. Regardless, yeah, the worldwide record is going down.

I was expecting $10m worldwide with domestic getting us $6m until Sunday and overseas giving us $4m. With the way it’s behaving domestic and overseas getting more locations re-releases, I think it will perform over $2.75B by Sunday, once the actuals come next Monday. Gentle reminder to not freak out once the estimates get here this Sunday, btw.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

EG 650k :gold: dont know if it can hit 848m after this weekend

0.65m Tue, 0.59m Wed, 0.7m Thu, 0.9m Fri, 1.4m Sat, 1.2m Sun

$848.7m. I think it will comfortably get there. Wouldn’t be surprised with higher numbers either.

Just now, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

0.65m Tue, 0.59m Wed, 0.7m Thu, 0.9m Fri, 1.4m Sat, 1.2m Sun

$848.7m. I think it will comfortably get there. Wouldn’t be surprised with higher numbers either.

Why Thu is higher than Wed? Thu is holiday so people often do other activities than watch movie.

Just now, PKMLover said:

Why Thu is higher than Wed? Thu is holiday so people often do other activities than watch movie.

I thought I read some people claiming some films had an increase last year. Either way, even with a short drop in July 4th it should be able to get to $848m by Sunday (actuals).