kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

2 minutes ago, juni78ukr said:

IMAX only re-release.

I always think that demand is king. And I mean this beyond Russia, overseas and domestic markets. If the re-release breaks out and there is a clear demand for it, theater chains will find a way to extend it, especially with Far From Home coming next week. It will be very interesting to follow this weekend and the weekdays that follow.

• Like 2

I did a sort of a little data analysis about 1h ago. I clicked on the random over Fandango AMC theaters to check how Endgame fairs in ticket(s) reservation numbers. I was checking AMC theaters in Los Angeles, Dallas, Boston, New York, San Francisko, Miami, random small cities... I've checked about 15 theaters maybe even 20(so a random sampling of about15-20). I was doing that over my phone. But I tried to have 50:50 relation between major cities and small ones(towns) . About let's say 70% of theaters happend to have Endgame projection and screens were ranging from smaller one to really big ones. But they were almost always more than half full. In other words for majority of screen more than half of the seats was already reserved. Smaller screens were basically already full. To repeat myself again, this wasn't an in-depth analysis I basicly did it on foot without any paper 🙂 . Compared to similar time screening of Aladdin, Child's Play, Man In Black (who by the way all have over 3000+ screens) Endgame absolutely wastes them in amount of seats already reserved. I will be bold enough and say Endgame will outgross them(for MIB is obvious, Aladddin might not be 100% sure if I want to be conservative). Also considering Anabelle was projected for 30-35 millions 5-days gross (Wed-Sun) and it already did 7+ million on Wednesday(including Tuesday priview) should be similar on Thurdsday which should result in 14-20 millions weekend for Anabelle without Wednesday and Thursday . Given the above being bold 🙂 I say that Endgame is sure to finish 3rd for the Weekend and might even finish 2nd depending on Anabelle's performance and of course it's own. 

Also I don't think that number of people attending it today and Sat and Sun will increase dramaticlly from the amount of people who already reserved their seats, but I hope so 🙂 .

I don't want to bombard you with calcs again but with the quick calc I did Endgame should do around 15 million for the weekned given the current trend. I certanly hope for the higher number, to be honest 🙂 . Given the data I've seen 10+ weekend is locked(and I'll be bold enough to state it without furthere in depth analysis 🙂 ) . If I did more in depth analysis I could come up with more precise number, but I won't bother with that. I also want to be surprised 🙂 .

Still for the WW crown at least 25+ million weekend should happen and that's if we talk about photo finish. Nevertheless I still hope for the 30+ global 🙂 , so that we could have some difference, at least marginal one. But this 30+  now seems unlikely since not all markets(and major one like Brazil) will have the expansion from today or this weekend.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

$2753.3mn by Thursday worldwide.

Expecting $5.5mn Domestic weekend and $2.75mn overseas.

Shall close by $2761.5mn by Sunday.

This mean 1.4 millions os weekdays

I think this is great

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

$2753.3mn by Thursday worldwide.

Expecting $5.5mn Domestic weekend and $2.75mn overseas.

Shall close by $2761.5mn by Sunday.

Will this be enough to beat avatar??

2 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

If that’s the case, Avatar is safe

........... nevermind, just wait and see, , avatar wont be safe, disney will get the record, now and thats locked

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

@Charlie Jatinder and others here are going by logic, when logic doesn’t apply to Avengers: Endgame box office numbers any longer. Marvel Studios biggest stars and the directors of the film are going absolutely all in promoting this. There is no outcome of this that the record doesn’t happen. This is Black Panther’s $700m push on steroids, and I wouldn’t doubt that the effect of this re-release makes for Endgame to top the worldwide record by the end of next weekend. Things are about to go bonkers.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Moses said:

Will this be enough to beat avatar??

It can not beat Avatar with this longer version (it needs extended cut rather than this after credit scence) and improper limited rerelease worldwide. 

Edited by danhtruong5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

? it seems to be more of a see the demand than limited, plus some countries will get it next weekend too

What I’m saying is that it’s done, it’s bound to happen. It won’t need a "special cut" for the record to go down. And this will become absurdly clear in the upcoming days.