kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Showtimes aren't scheduled to end on Tues.  Probably more of a theater to theater basis and aside from SM nothing else is opening and there may be several other current films with lower PTAS they can cut (there already are at least domestically)

Domestic- Regal is doing a promo for 1000 points for AEG tickets bought for 6/28 to 7/4. (Fri - Thur)   I think I saw another promotion where they said it's until 7/11.

That’s what I was trying to say earlier. It doesn’t really make sense to do this push for just for a 4-days period, we wouldn’t get this kind of push if it was only that.

4 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

Lol, it seems Disney will abandon Asia with this.....

It is disspointing due to the fact that Asia alone already pulled more than $1.1B for Endgame so far

It seems to depend on the country or local distributor.   SK seems to be getting it and I think Malaysia was mentioned.

14 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Showtimes aren't scheduled to end on Tues.  Probably more of a theater to theater basis and aside from SM nothing else is opening and there may be several other current films with lower PTAS they can cut (there already are at least domestically)

Domestic- Regal is doing a promo for 1000 points for AEG tickets bought for 6/28 to 7/4. (Fri - Thur)   I think I saw another promotion where they said it's until 7/11.

AMC definitely said in a tweet that they were scheduling Endgame showings until 7/11. Unless it was very poor wording.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

AMC definitely said in a tweet that they were scheduling Endgame showings until 7/11. Unless it was very poor wording.

English isn’t my first language, but I don’t see how could anyone take that this tweet:

Means that the push ends at 7/11, it only means that they will have new showtimes until that time, with potential for more - or not - later. I mean, it’s all about demand. The film isn’t getting a brand new release, it’s a re-release that it will work as a companion to Spider-Man: Far From Home, which makes perfect sense and better than having whatever many screens Dark Phoenix still has. 

My point is: of course that they won’t be adding weeks of this release with still the weekend ahead of them. I think it’s safe to assume that the push will keep going when Far From Home is released and the listings for new shows will show up across the 4th of July weekday, then weekend and so forth.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 3

Re-expansion confirmed for Malaysia. One of the two major cinema chains has this info (the other already gave strong hint in their facebook).

Avengers: Endgame Bring-Back Event

However, no idea how long this "re-expansion with post-credit bonus content" will be.

I like how they call it "Bring Back Event". (Insert iunderstoodthatreference GIF or Meme)

• Thanks 1

It seems to be a lot of confusion around how long this thing is supposed to last and now it looks like some chains are selling tickets for the special version through July 11th if that tweet is to be believed, and since that's their official twitter account I think I believe them. So maybe the Friday-Monday was just a suggestion, or maybe that's only for the 1000+ extra theaters? I'm even more confused now than I was yesterday or the day before that about this damn 'not re-release re-release'.

So far what I can tell is more limited push internationally, bigger push domestic, so that user who suggested a 70-30 split this coming weekend might be on to something.

Oh and I also have it on good authority that at least one chain will schedule Endgame shows on Monday night that are supposed to lead into the Spider-Man previews. It's not technically double-features, because the movies come from different studios, so they can't do the double ticket counting trick, but it's about as close to double-features as we can possibly get (you'll still have to buy separate tickets, that's the bummer).

Either way it's going to be a very exciting weekend for Endgame. Oh and yes, the digital release is July 30th, so I guess this really is it (no wonder they're doing the whole come see it before it's gone bit). So we're looking at 5 more full Monday to Sunday weeks until it's available at home.

This looks so much like something Disney put up together last minute. The unfinished CGI scene is dead giveaway.

Also, people are kidding themselves if they think all of this is just to 'boost' FFH. Proceeds of that movie will go to Sony anyway. They're aiming for all time WW but doing it in a half-arsed manner is weird.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, unitedkush said:

This looks so much like something Disney put up together last minute. The unfinished CGI scene is dead giveaway.

Also, people are kidding themselves if they think all of this is just to 'boost' FFH. Proceeds of that movie will go to Sony anyway. They're aiming for all time WW but doing it in a half-arsed manner is weird.

No. Disney will get merchandise from Spidey so if FFH performs better milestone like 1B it will help them more.. 

I've checked some major middle eastern cities and see many are not re-releasing or getting this cut. Very few Endgame showings and at the original run time, and no promotion. I really believe that this is not "the" re-release. It seems more like a play at hardcore MCU fans alone.

Edited by GOATPeterJackson

39 minutes ago, GOATPeterJackson said:

I've checked some major middle eastern cities and see many are not re-releasing or getting this cut. Very few Endgame showings and at the original run time, and no promotion. I really believe that this is not "the" re-release. It seems more like a play at hardcore MCU fans alone.

I've contacted major movie chains here in UAE but nothing. Probably they'll not show it here sadly.

In Singapore, they do this with limited number of shows.

65039691_2370715696520229_63955219580704

Last chance to experience AVENGERS: ENDGAME with bonus, never before seen footage and exclusive giveaways followed by SPIDER-MAN™: FAR FROM HOME in this double-bill marathon on Monday 1 July! 

You’ll receive a marathon-exclusive Spider-Man: Far from Home t-shirt, poster and Avengers: Endgame poster with every ticket purchased! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

In Singapore, they do this with limited number of shows.

65039691_2370715696520229_63955219580704

Last chance to experience AVENGERS: ENDGAME with bonus, never before seen footage and exclusive giveaways followed by SPIDER-MAN™: FAR FROM HOME in this double-bill marathon on Monday 1 July! 

You’ll receive a marathon-exclusive Spider-Man: Far from Home t-shirt, poster and Avengers: Endgame poster with every ticket purchased! 

hopefully more asians countries follow

13 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

In 51 overseas markets, with $1835 million Gross Approx, Avengers: Endgame has 284 million admissions. Coupled with 83 million approx in the Domestic market, the total of reported markets stand at 367 million.

There is $83 million gross still pending to compiled; using the average of reported overseas markets ($6.46), that would bring another 12.5-13 million admissions. I will try to compile as many as I can among any of these.

The total admissions of Avengers: Endgame is 380 million Approx worldwide.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 4