kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

31 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I mean people complained of a week advertising (self included).....but Jesus it's only Wednesday and they are killing it. I mean screw it I will go see it a 5th time wth

I’m pretty shocked about how it is doing right now as well. I guess social media and the big stars have spread the word. I’m going to see it again Friday as well. I really wonder what this can do domestically. Maybe $10 million or more if it can keep up this pace?

Disney might as well just hand out as much free shit as possible to get people out to theatres. 

Buy a ticket, get a Captain Marvel digital download! 

I mean, at this point, with all the big players pushing it on twitter, it would be a bit embarrassing if they didn't get #1!

Also, why the July 30th digital release date?

That's even earlier that Infinity War! It's going to cut it's late legs off. 

I'm still pissed off at AMC Lincoln Square (one of the biggest in New York City) playing Avengers Endgame dirty by only having 2 shows a day for the weekend, while still playing 5 showtimes for Booksmart!! But at least Empire 25 has picked up some of the slack. They are giving it the full 5 showtimes. 

Edited by VanillaSkies
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Disney might as well just hand out as much free shit as possible to get people out to theatres. 

But a ticket, get a Captain Marvel digital download! 

I mean, at this point, with all the big players pushing it on twitter, it would be a bit embarrassing if they didn't get #1!

it wont as much as you think, the re release will have done its job, and after that  endgame will have its natural legs, by then we will know if endgame can pass avatar or not

Edited by john2000

5 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Buy a ticket, get a Captain Marvel digital download! 

I'm still pissed off at AMC Lincoln Square (one of the biggest in New York City) playing Avengers Endgame dirty by only having 2 shows a day for the weekend, while still playing 5 showtimes for Booksmart!! But at least Empire 25 has picked up some of the slack. They are giving it the full 5 showtimes. 

I'd like to think Disney know what they are doing, even though this entire thing stinks of something slapped up together in last moment they must have good reasons to re-release it now with bunch of non-consequential stuff than a proper re-release few months down the line with good chunk of polished footage. Mouse doesn't lose often so one way or the other they'll take that record, question is how long it'll take?

On a side note, Endgame is getting a digital release only a day earlier than IW which released on 31st July. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, unitedkush said:

I'd like to think Disney know what they are doing, even though this entire thing stinks of something slapped up together in last moment they must have good reasons to re-release it now with bunch of non-consequential stuff than a proper re-release few months down the line with good chunk of polished footage. Mouse doesn't lose often so one way or the other they'll take that record, question is how long it'll take?

On a side note, Endgame is getting a digital release only a day earlier than IW which released on 31st July. 

If that is the case, the Infinity War only made about 1 million domestically after the digital release, so I guess we can expect about the same for Endgame.  

So basically within the next 4 weeks it needs to take the crown. 

Here's hoping it get a Disney boost on the weekend Lion King releases. 

31 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

You people just can’t take a good silly joke, can’t you?

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

I can see the comedy in it lmao. It's just that I don't see a need for gloating (not you) from the MCU fans considering it basically took movie dlc and a socal media campaign to have a shot at getting the number one record. Top that with a 20 movie backstory, 10 years of inflation, and much larger international footprint and Endgames haul doesn't seem that impressive even if it did beat Avatar. Just saying the fans should win with class is all. At least Avatars record was organic. 

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

I can see the comedy in it lmao. It's just that I don't see a need for gloating (not you) from the MCU fans considering it basically took movie dlc and a socal media campaign to have a shot at getting the number one record. Top that with a 20 movie backstory, 10 years of inflation, and much larger international footprint and Endgames haul doesn't seem that impressive even if it did beat Avatar. Just saying the fans should win with class is all. At least Avatars record was organic. 

Avatar was and will always be a giant. That it took Endgame to get into theaters for that to go down is absolutely insane. I have gone on record several times that I respect Avatar, its fans and most of all, James Cameron, but I also think that fans need to take things with grace.

Virtually no one celebrated Endgame topping Avatar's initial run, and now while we head for the final push(es) for Endgame, I'd say that calling what Endgame is doing now a gimmick isn't fair.

IMHO, the theatrical release of Avatar is the best of that film, and with Oscars season next year, I'd hate to get a "special edition" of Endgame just so could secure the record. The biggest compliment that Avatar could possibly get is that it took a giant to do everything it can to top it, and I applaud Disney and Marvel Studios for doing that.

Cameron will be fine. Avatar will get a re-release and do what only Gone With The Wind has done before, which is to take the #1 spot back. But I think Avatar fans need also to take with more grace that this is happening, and I'm not talking about you, but in general.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

Avatar got a bigger re-release (the Special Edition), and had the original version re-release throughout the years as well. Endgame is just as “organic” as Avatar’s gross, if not more so. Top it off with ridiculous exchange rates and inflated 3D tickets, and you see why Avatar has such a large gap between it and everything else. We already know Endgame beat it by a lot in worldwide ticket sales. I agree Jeremy Conrad is a dumbass though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Most of the crying from avatar stans is because they know Avatar 2 will do nothing near the first, maybe 2.5b if China goes off.

Unless it does 1.5b in China like they claim.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Avatar was and will always be a giant. That it took Endgame to get into theaters for that to go down is absolutely insane. I have gone on record several times that I respect Avatar, its fans and most of all, James Cameron, but I also think that fans need to take things with grace.

Zatt, while it is nice to hear that you respect Avatar. You go back and fourth way too much that I don't know what to make of your opinions. Bet I'm not the first one to say that about you ;).

For example, if you respect what Avatar did in box office, technological advancement or story telling, at all.

When some trolls says this:

"Endgame fucking pummeled Avatar worldwide, it wasn’t even close. Avatar should be thanking its lucky stars for inflated 3D and great exchange rates for being number 1. Lollerskates."

Would you mind not adding fire by replying... this? 

6 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

And it won’t be the #1 soon...

1 hour ago, NCsoft said:

Zatt, while it is nice to hear that you respect Avatar. You go back and fourth way too much that I don't know what to make of your opinions. Bet I'm not the first one to say that about you ;).

For example, if you respect what Avatar did in box office, technological advancement or story telling, at all.

When some trolls says this:

"Endgame fucking pummeled Avatar worldwide, it wasn’t even close. Avatar should be thanking its lucky stars for inflated 3D and great exchange rates for being number 1. Lollerskates."

Would you mind not adding fire by replying... this? 

It’s not an invalid claim, imho. And thinking that this takes away from Avatar seems silly to me. We don’t know if a recession won’t come up knocking in the upcoming years and it becomes easier or harder for other films to come close to Avatar or Avengers: Endgame. That doesn’t take the merits of the current record holders and future ones. I don’t understand how this seems so hard to grasp for some.