kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

4 hours ago, Taruseth said:

- snip -

Who boycotts Disney? I knew that CinemaxX sometimes has problems with them beforehand but for Endgame the resales just started a little late and the local one seems to always kick out movies earlier than the Cinestar, like the Cinemaxx shows 10 movies, the Cinestar 20...

And then the problem would have been the same for TLJ and TFA which opened slightly below and way above Endgame.

to 1. still the 'legginess' changed in general quite a lot within the last 10 years and that's what was my post about, and yes to the special case of Avatar

= both started out of very different situations, hence why it does not make any sense to judge out of the OW in especial. If pattern changes it makes no sense to compare a sole detail without looking at all details.

2. another franchise, another season ... no idea why it even gets cited. I am reacting only to the in my POV senseless comparison between Avatar's and A:EG OWs and their legs comparing posts here.

3. Its definitive not about to demean Avatar's results (I love Avatar, I do not like A:EG), its about to give examples why the senseless OW comparison is also not making sense, show one or two additional / not named / seldom named examples for why/how there are differences.

5. I do not care about if there are other franchises that are also sometimes leggy, it is ONLY about the Avatar (an original) to A:EG, a part 22 within 10 years franchise comparison.

Beside 007, is there is no similar high count of titles within the same franchise, and that one has again very much other rules and reasons for behaving like it does,

see there is not enough material there to develop a pattern. ... only about the senseless comparisons here in this thread.

6. I do not care what some ppl said why whatever movie will make whatever, there where then and today always also ppl who said the opposite of what gets stated / cited here too

= If you look at the high earners that get so often used in 'twistings' aehm 'discussions' here, those where mostly released during that time of year anyway, but its here about the high earning X-Mas released movies usually have a higher mp than movies released at other times of year, in especial CBMs released in the last decade if I remember it right.

Someone, (maybe MikeQ ?) made a dom chart for that, it clearly showed in average the legginess per month differs quite a lot. X-Mas movies either the highest or one of the highest on that chart, I think it was an autumn month that holds the worst position. Or was it spring... Differences exist (for now), that's all I have to know to be aware about it makes no sense to compare only one detail without looking into the complete picture

8. During the OW week not only in our country were schools out days. I call it Eastern based on the school holidays here are called Easterholidays for the pupils. You'd have to go through the threads, I think there were mentioning about e.g. Chinese ppl taking time of for that reason without calling themselves Christians to their government, some days in AUS as well if I remember it right and so on. In the end its about the opening week for A:EG was rather atypically strong supported per local details in comparison.

Yes May 1 did help its result too (but local events as listed in some countries' threads might be the reason it was at certain days not as high as at other public holidays, but helped the evening before and so on), but lots of countries having school finals during its run might have hindered its legs in especial too, see my post about pupils weren't allowed or not willing to rewatch it based on their preparations for the finals. This week here in Bavaria the additional exams for pupils with bad degrees happened btw, but as you know, June/July if hot are bad for cinemas here anyway.

= Solely about why legs might behave a bit in another way - again especially about the explicit in this thread happening comparison.

9. LotR + Titanic = X-Mas releases, GWTW had a spread out OW of 2 years in a way, as they had not enough cinemas and film reels then (in part wandering through the country), but still had a X-Mas release for the reels they did have.

=

Not enough data to develop a pattern.

Without a pattern it makes no sense to judge anything based on one detail 😉

About the remaining quote:

Especially smaller / countryside cinemas then (I am bad with 'feeling' ow long ago). Was in the papers/news a lot.

Then they simply did not show the movie it started with, like at all. Didn't change a thing, they were not big enough in the sum to make an impact. Might have been Avengers Age of Ultron???? I think its was something around just under 700 cinemas for the first movie in something just under 200 smaller cities or so.

I think a part of those is still not showing any Disney movie at all.

A part of them now:

'they' (I only check into 2 of those nowadays as those 2 have an impact on my pupils) do show it, but not as long as other movies. Like, they show it from the official OW on for a shorter time.

An example: after 4 weeks some titles are out that did sell tickets still before they get kicked out. Way subtler, but if you start to get aware, interesting to observe which cinema handles which kind of movie in which way. My pupils did not get to watch A:EG in parts based on that, see the finals situation and other reasons. Like parents said: go later, first this and that and then the movie was out of those 2 cinemas. Only a handful drove to Munich for A:EG. People expect them to run longer, if its out: oh its run is over, lets watch it later per HV or watch something else, depending on if they are even regularly going GA. Still helps the OW, but not the legginess.

Its nowadays quite the opposite situation to CinemaXX (who also have walkout problems as they pay their employees badly and also behave - at least in parts - badly to their employees too) whose situation did not help A:EG OW, but its legs to a degree.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I'd say your a bigger troll than Jimbo or JCS. Probably one of the worst on this site.

No hate against the Jim gang but that sagemode is just clueless. 

At least  jimbo and jcs provide an explanation  for their  thoughts, he just enters this thread to say the same negative crap and leave, been doing this for weeks now

As far as the Jim gang I would  say  NCSOFT is the most reasonable  of them and the one that provides good points/explanation  when arguing  about something. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

People who are fans of different things aren't trolls. Avatar is the #1 unadjusted movie of all time and is bound to have a fanbase on a box office tracking site.

That counts for the majority of the fans, no matter the fan-dom.

Some of their posts can be annoying, but those are not troll-ish in any way

But some 'fans' use methods that makes them troll similar, I am pretty sure that you are aware about them too.

That makes those kind of 'fans' a fanatic in my POV or something similar negative, depending on the method they use.

For me unneeded negativity starts if people speak down on other people or their interest, if they try to make others or their interest something less worthy then themselves/their fandom.

That's too is not done by the majority of the fans, btw.

Depending how much they use that, like too many repeats, too extreme in the used wordings, falsified data too,.... then they start to be troll-ish similar and worse.

25 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

People who are fans of different things aren't trolls. Avatar is the #1 unadjusted movie of all time and is bound to have a fanbase on a box office tracking site.

Those who mock or harass others are trolls.

From the get go I have said no matter where EG finishes Avatars number will be more impressive. Jurassic Park is definitely not, 1 billion under adjusted for inflation with much better currency rates. 

51 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

But when you go to a thread about a movie you dislike  to only downplay  its box office run in favour of your favorite movie or director is imho trolling!!

Edited by Life goes on
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Life goes on said:

But when you go to a thread about a movie you dislike  to only downplay  its box office run in favor of your favorite movie or director is imho trolling!!

Indeed if Avatar 2 beats EG especially if it's not close clearly inflation won't matter. I'm not gonna go to that thread and say it's technically less impressive. Currency rates may be good as a great chance USA recession hits within 24 months. Like 80% or higher. Delaying was genius but annoying as hell.

Edited by cdsacken

1 hour ago, Pure Spirit said:

Of course not, but someone randomly going out of their way to bring down another movie constantly is.

• Like 1

This is my go to thread if I'm looking for endless back and forth of people call each other trolls.

Everyone gets a 24 hour threadban.

(It's less work to simply lock the thread for 24 hours)

• Haha 14