That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

The most entertaining parts of Infinity War's run are coming in seeing how it holds up against the back-to-back onslaughts of Deadpool and Solo.

Especially since those movies also got a lot of female appeal.

Ryan-Reynolds-Shirtless.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=4754376

Alden-Ehrenreich-hot-sexy-shirtless-phot

Donald-Glover.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sfran43 said:

Wow!  That's way higher than the original projection after Friday.  I guess they are giving it an increase on Sunday.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The obsession with comparing Justice League to Infinity War will never fail to bore me. "Hey guys, this massive hit made more than a sequel to a film that most people hated!" Okay, we know Justice League was an embarrassing flop. There really is nothing else left to say. Furthermore Justice League was never going to make as much as Infinity War even if it were good. BvS reception was ALWAYS going to hurt it. It just hurt it far more than people thought it would. Justice League isn't a flop because it made less than Infinity War, it's a flop because it cost 300mil to make and 150+ mill to market and only grossed 657mil worldwide.

Justice League would have been a hit even if had only hit 1billion in comparison to the around 2 billion Infinity War should hit. This bizarre idea that a film is a flop if it makes less than a similar film is utterly baffling to me. Was Age of Ultron a flop because it made less than Furious 7 and Jurassic World? Was the Last Jedi a flop because it made less than Black Panther? Were all of Marvel's 2017 movies flops because they made less than Black Panther, because they made less than Wonder Woman in the states? The argument against why Justice League is a flop is faulty and can be used against any and every film.  

Thing is we didn’t know BVS was that fatal to JL. Hell even I didn’t think it would be that fatal, because to a point I bought what the fans were selling like WW’s inclusion after her hit film, BVS’ massive Home media sales, IP power, etc. 

We were stunned that it opened as low as it did. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, baumer said:

Wow!  That's way higher than the original projection after Friday.  I guess they are giving it an increase on Sunday.

I just checked the theater for today and both Breaking In and Life of the Party are selling like hotcakes (the latter is already close to selling out the 4:30 show). Fully expecting an underestimate for both movies.

8 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The obsession with comparing Justice League to Infinity War will never fail to bore me. "Hey guys, this massive hit made more than a sequel to a film that most people hated!" Okay, we know Justice League was an embarrassing flop. There really is nothing else left to say. Furthermore Justice League was never going to make as much as Infinity War even if it were good. BvS reception was ALWAYS going to hurt it. It just hurt it far more than people thought it would. Justice League isn't a flop because it made less than Infinity War, it's a flop because it cost 300mil to make and 150+ mill to market and only grossed 657mil worldwide.

Justice League would have been a hit even if had only hit 1billion in comparison to the around 2 billion Infinity War should hit. This bizarre idea that a film is a flop if it makes less than a similar film is utterly baffling to me. Was Age of Ultron a flop because it made less than Furious 7 and Jurassic World? Was the Last Jedi a flop because it made less than Black Panther? Were all of Marvel's 2017 movies flops because they made less than Black Panther, because they made less than Wonder Woman in the states? The argument against why Justice League is a flop is faulty and can be used against any and every film.  

I hated JL but I agree no point with comparing it with IW and rubbing it in. JL was a failure , it’s done , let’s move on.

Rampage is going to come so close. It has done quite well, with the exception of the crucial 3rd weekend where it got clobbered. I just can't see how it gets more than 95-96m at this point with what is sure to be bad screen losses over the next 3 weekends.

29 minutes ago, baumer said:

Considering the huge Sat #'s for both BI and LOTP, it isn't surprising all they need is to really stay flat from Saturday.

• Like 1