That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

idk when i'm seeing Tully. I gotta drive a little further than usual to see it, so it hasn't been at the top of my priorities. Plus, I have a $6 Fandango credit expiring Friday, and that theater doesn't sell on Fandango :kitschjob: 

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Oh yeah Life of the Party was pretty awful forgot to tell you guys.  Chuckled like 4 times and laughed zero times.  there was one excruciatingly unfunny scene that went on for 5 minutes long until it became painful.

I’m hoping it’s at least better than Hot Pursuit as a Mother’s Day weekend choice. 

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Oh yeah Life of the Party was pretty awful forgot to tell you guys.  Chuckled like 4 times and laughed zero times.  there was one excruciatingly unfunny scene that went on for 5 minutes long until it became painful.

but if you're a 60-70 year old mom who hasn't been to a movie in 20 years then you're in luck because that's what my audience consisted of and they howled with laughter (literally howling) at every attempt at humor.

Wow, great Sat number for IW. Assuming it holds, that would lock the weekend over 60M even with harsher Sunday drop the likes of Ultron and Civil War.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I know women who have seen the Thor movies just for Hemsworth. Ask them about the plot and they probably could just tell you basic stuff. 

Hell, ask me about the plot, and the first thing I tell you will be that iconic Thor gratuitous shirtless scene where it got better everytime I watched it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

McCarthy is such a great talent, its a shame that doing these lousy comedies with her husband director is just such a waste of time for her and the audience. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

If I had the choice I’d see Tully, but given my theater didn’t get it I went with IW for a final time before Deadpool 2 and Solo. Guess I’m seeing LOTP tomorrow. The things I do for my mom. 

I saw it today. It's the definition of "average." There are both better and worse ways to spend Mother's Day.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

This weekend seems like a pretty wild ride for @Thrylos 7 I’d imagine

Him over at China BO

tumblr_p0iu2j6uyW1u2vxxpo1_540.png

And him here in this domestic weekend thread, especially after this Sat jump for IW

tumblr_p0iu2j6uyW1u2vxxpo2_1280.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

The most entertaining parts of Infinity War's run are coming in seeing how it holds up against the back-to-back onslaughts of Deadpool and Solo.

I'm guessing high-40s next weekend and mid-30s when Solo opens.

Edited by WrathOfHan