That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

Worst Mother’s Day drop for MCU was -36.9% of IM2, and that would still get IW over 60M weekend (albeit barely). 

Though I don’t see a reason for it to drop that hard, considering how the last two Sundays played out.

Sub-30% drop for ~62M weekend IMO. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The obsession with comparing Justice League to Infinity War will never fail to bore me. "Hey guys, this massive hit made more than a sequel to a film that most people hated!" Okay, we know Justice League was an embarrassing flop. There really is nothing else left to say. Furthermore Justice League was never going to make as much as Infinity War even if it were good. BvS reception was ALWAYS going to hurt it. It just hurt it far more than people thought it would. Justice League isn't a flop because it made less than Infinity War, it's a flop because it cost 300mil to make and 150+ mill to market and only grossed 657mil worldwide.

Justice League would have been a hit even if had only hit 1billion in comparison to the around 2 billion Infinity War should hit. This bizarre idea that a film is a flop if it makes less than a similar film is utterly baffling to me. Was Age of Ultron a flop because it made less than Furious 7 and Jurassic World? Was the Last Jedi a flop because it made less than Black Panther? Were all of Marvel's 2017 movies flops because they made less than Black Panther, because they made less than Wonder Woman in the states? The argument against why Justice League is a flop is faulty and can be used against any and every film.  

Its a flop because its DCs Avengers movie, both Marvel and DC are comic book franchises, thats why they are compared. It also a flop because it isnt likely to be profitable. JL is their ensemble movie containing all their big names. It has the most popular comic book character of all time in it (batman), a recently successful character classic character (WW) and a historically successful character (Superman). You cant even argue that DC is less popular than Marvel therefore its understandable because the individual characters in DC all take big money.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Moderation:

Please do not post Infinity War spoilers outside of the relevant threads.

imagine making it 3 weeks in and still not knowing the memes in question, it would be like the only place on the internet you visit is this thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Tran said:

Jesus fucking christ. It's May and people are still ranting about how JL was a fail?  You could have cured a rare form of cancer in the time spent debating a movie that even WB knew was going to fail. 

I guess I should accept that some people love wasting their time. I have no idea how it is fun to compare every film to Justice League but to those people with extra time on their hands it is. Justice League is a forgettable flop, I find nothing about it's box office remotely interesting beyond the fact that it flopped. There is nothing left to discuss. Avengers Infinity War is fun and neat to follow without bringing up Justice League. People had a year to prepare for Justice League flopping and yet pretend that it's flopping came out of nowhere to prop up a film that does not need to be propped up. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6

10 minutes ago, Sam said:

He updated and bumped it down to Rth’s 27M 

9 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Empire updated to 27

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Empire lowered it down to 27 more recently.

Did he for sure? 

Edited by Premium George
  • Thanks 1