That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

3 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Well just look what happened to Thor Ragnarok when justice league opened on its 3rd weekend. BP is still a tough goal as its drops from here on out didn't go over 40%

True, Thor:Ragnarok fell precipitously on its 3rd weekend, but then had a great hold on its 4th weekend, a slight drop of only 22%. I think everything evens out in the end. But then again, Solo may have its effect as well. Ultimately, it is true that AIW is facing infinitely steeper competition than Black Panther ever did. 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

16 18 A Wrinkle in Time BV $800,000 +94.9% 1,984 +1,690 $403 $96,455,876 - 10

Alright, I'm gonna tell all of y'all this right now.

With this kind of epic fudging, if AWIT ends up missing that $100M mark, in spite of this wild-ass Mother's Day expansion, I am leaving this site forever...or at least until 2019...whichever comes first. Because if this shit misses in spite of all of the fudge in the world, and manages to ruin the one good chance I had at a successful club, I won't be able to live with myself.

Mods, keep me to my word.

#OhNo

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Minimum,

130 more China (329 total :ph34r:) + 120 more Dom (671) + 130 more OS-China (after 81 weekend) = 380 more to it's 1607 ww tally for 1987 ww.

2b is happening cause those numbers above are conservative, especially OS-China and Dom.

• Like 4

Oh shit, RBG made the top 10 :ohmygod: That's unheard of for documentaries these days. Maybe it'll get into 1k theaters over Memorial Day?

A precursor to On the Basis of Sex being Focus' first $100M grosser? :thinking: 

• Astonished 1

Those Sunday holds are all over the place.... what an odd weekend - and BI is either way under estimated or Life of the Party is going to drop some....

Everything else is fine - great.

1.6B for Avengers - should make quite the run at 2B before all is said and done - will be interesting to watch China's daily grosses for the next week or so.

Oh shit, RBG made the top 10 :ohmygod: That's unheard of for documentaries these days. Maybe it'll get into 1k theaters over Memorial Day?

Yeah, it's doing great so far. Between this and the biopic with Felicity Jones at the end of the year, this is looking to be quite the prolific year for her.

Predictions for next weekend:

Deadpool 2: 130M

Avengers: Infinity War: 32.8M

Book Club: 8M

Life of the Party: 6.9M

Breaking In: 5.1M

A Quiet Place: 5M

Overboard: 4.9M

Show Dogs: 4.5M

RBG: 2M

I Feel Pretty: 1.7M

Rampage: 1.5M

Reaaaaaaaaally want AQP to beat Breaking In and stay in the top 5. If it doesn't happen next weekend, it'll be back in the top 5 over Memorial Day.

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Predictions for next weekend:

Deadpool 2: 130M

Avengers: Infinity War: 32.8M

Book Club: 8M

Life of the Party: 6.9M

Breaking In: 5.1M

A Quiet Place: 5M

Show Dogs: 4.5M

RBG: 2M

I Feel Pretty: 1.7M

Rampage: 1.5M

Reaaaaaaaaally want AQP to beat Breaking In and stay in the top 5. If it doesn't happen next weekend, it'll be back in the top 5 over Memorial Day.

I don’t see Breaking In and Life of the Party dropping harsher than Infinity Wars next weekend. They are counter programming to Deadpool 2 while Infinity Wars is pretty much direct competition...