That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

Just now, KJsooner said:

Except for Antman, which didn’t do well compared to others. 

Antman was kinda the movie that made people laugh at the name, though I found it pretty good.

22 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

46% is a disappointing hold?! What planet do you live on?

I think he means it's disappointing hold for him personally. It was a good hold, which gives IW a better chance at beating his favourite film, TITANIC.

• Like 2

IW will suffer next weekend due to losing IMAX and other premium screens. But depends on how big Deadpool 2 open, it could benefit from spillover business.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

I don't see why 46% drop is not disappointing if I wish IW to fall below Titanic....

More disappointing news - rival studios estimate the w/e to be $2-4m higher.  :shades:

It's not coming in under Titanic Domestic - even with the re-release. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

In local currency, no.  In $, yes a record.

Was just going to say this. The $200M is a record. THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS still holds the yuan record. Obviously the exchange rate wasn't as good this time last year.

50 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

The numbers AIW has made are just incredible considering the fact how many MCU movies you’ve had to watch to understand what’s going on. Minimum of at least 5.

Guardians of the galaxy 

The Avengers

Doctor Strange

Thor Ragnarok

Avengers age of Ultron 

A colleague of mine who is that rare individual who hasn't watched any prior MCU movie was taken to watch IW by her family and she said she enjoyed it. It's so action packed that people with no previous attachment to the characters or story can dig it just fine.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

Antman was kinda the movie that made people laugh at the name, though I found it pretty good.

They struggled selling it, despite the fact you would think “heist movie but with spandex!” would be a cinch for them.

Obviously they sold it enough, but still...

This weekend definitely had signs that Mothers Day helped.

The two new releases will make their money back, definitely Breaking In considering it’s $6 million budget. 

Life Of The Party may do Snatched numbers after this weekend. I Feel Pretty may outgross it. 

Overboard is doing great! So possibly $45-$50 million seems a nice finish. 

Overall 2018 is improving from 2017, both yearly and monthly. As this may feels more than just dump titles as last year minus Guardians 2 was weak.

46 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I don't see why 46% drop is not disappointing if I wish IW to fall below Titanic....

We are 20 years down the line, its going to be semi regular now that movies outgross Titanic. Just be thankful that adjusted even TFA is a full Justice league and a bit behind (or approx 1 Winter Soldier).

Edited by GirafficPark