ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

8 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

I expected least 1M trailer like Shang-Chi did.. shame we only got tv spot.

maybe we will get longer more proper mini trailer with ticket sale.

And we'll probably get something like that this week or next.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

I expected least 1M trailer like Shang-Chi did.. shame we only got tv spot.

maybe we will get longer more proper mini trailer with ticket sale.

I don't think this can be a factor. we will have an extended trailer when ticket sales begin

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, john2000 said:

we already know that, the question is can it carnage 👀 shang chi by 25 mill ? , good chance i would say

If it doesn't hit a $100m domestic opening, we have to sacrifice your account to Papa Feige.

I'm sorry :( 

Sorry Aidan Turner GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

If it doesn't hit a $100m domestic opening, we have to sacrifice your account to Papa Feige.

I'm sorry :( 

Sorry Aidan Turner GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

i just hope that, people wont call the movie failure if it doesnt hit 100 mill ow, which was never guarantee to begin with imo, anyways we shall see.Shang chi was able to hit 75 mill 3day ow , i think that if it hadnt release on a holiday then , its ow would be 80-85 mill or so, eternals seem to have way more hype so idk, i think that eternals will have 8-8,5 multi from its previews, so we probably need around 12-13 mill previews for it to hit 100 mill ow. Also i have a question if anyone can answer, black widows previews were 13,2 mill,if the release was theatrical only, would the previews be higher ? or the pa affected mainly the multi ?

6 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i just hope that, people wont call the movie failure if it doesnt hit 100 mill ow, which was never guarantee to begin with imo, anyways we shall see.Shang chi was able to hit 75 mill 3day ow , i think that if it hadnt release on a holiday then , its ow would be 80-85 mill or so, eternals seem to have way more hype so idk, i think that eternals will have 8-8,5 multi from its previews, so we probably need around 12-13 mill previews for it to hit 100 mill ow. Also i have a question if anyone can answer, black widows previews were 13,2 mill,if the release was theatrical only, would the previews be higher ? or the pa affected mainly the multi ?

Eternals probably 12.5-27-36.5-24.5 would be my guess for how it could get there. Let's see how PS starts. I think 100 million, but I'm definitely a bit biased here. 

Edited by Menor

8 minutes ago, john2000 said:

1 minute ago, Menor said:

Eternals probably 12.5-27-36.5-24.5 would be my guess for how it could get there. Let's see how PS starts. I think 100 million, but I'm definitely a bit biased here. 

The general feeling I get from my groups, is that Eternals has always been more hyped/curious than BW or SC. Is it on NWH level (or even close?), not really. But as John said, without the holiday SC would likely have done about $82m or so. BW without Premier Access probably would have nabbed $100-110m. 

I'm fairly confident Eternals can best SC by 25% (if not more). 

Anything above SC is a tremendous success. The fact that 2 MCU movies with obscure characters will get +75M OW each in these times are impressive enough.

That said, it does seems like hype for this is higher, and it's also being released in better timing (SC released on Delta peak afterall), so i definitely think it's coming to +100M OW, even if doesn't need that to be a big success. Marvel needs to do a good marketing tho, SC final marketing push was great and surely helps.

MCU usually are easy to tell on the first day of presales, iirc SC first day pointed exactly to around 9M previews. Let's see how it will be for Eternals, i think it can get closer to BW.

Right now i'm expecting +12M previews with +8x multi for 100-110M OW.

I hope Marvel does that fan premiere again.

They did for SC and it was great for social media hype. Sony did the same for Venom 2 and also was great for them (the buzz about the post credit scene actually came from fan premiere).

Having critics reactions and great reviews sure helps, but having fans hyping it early is probably even better. But idk if Eternals allowed this type of risks, SC doesn't have many connections to be spoiled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JWR said:

I think it has a shot at reaching $100M if Venom is any indication. Sure, Venom is way more well known, but I think the romance angle *could* bring in demographics who wouldn't watch otherwise.

Great cast, weird story angle plus mega powerful superheroes. Should do awesome IF reviews are solid.

• Like 2