DeeCee

***SPOILER***SPOILER***DEADPOOL 2*** SPOILER***SPOILER

Zemo wasn't advertised, Avenger vs Avenger was, but everyone on the freakin' planet knew he was a villain!! Mentioning his name, NOT the plot, is not a "massive" spoiler!! 

Juggernaut is a glorified muscle cameo!! That's it!! That's all he is to this movie!! Mentioning his name means absolutely NOTHING!! The kid is a bigger part of the script than him! 

I think the movie really picks up the pace once Deadpool is out of the prison and begins assembling the X-Force. Before that the movie is pretty slow with some entertaining moments here and there. I think Cable and Russell needed to be set up better; we just cut to Cable in the future randomly in the movie and Russell, the MacGuffin of the movie, is introduced, what, 30 minutes in?

I will say the movie felt more like 2.5 hours than 2, and I wasn't actually sure if the truck chase was gonna be the climax or not until Deadpool wrote "no act 3" on the board. But the third act was great. Definitely a step up from the first movie's.

1 hour ago, Mekanos said:

I think the movie really picks up the pace once Deadpool is out of the prison and begins assembling the X-Force. Before that the movie is pretty slow with some entertaining moments here and there. I think Cable and Russell needed to be set up better; we just cut to Cable in the future randomly in the movie and Russell, the MacGuffin of the movie, is introduced, what, 30 minutes in?

I will say the movie felt more like 2.5 hours than 2, and I wasn't actually sure if the truck chase was gonna be the climax or not until Deadpool wrote "no act 3" on the board. But the third act was great. Definitely a step up from the first movie's.

Just back from seeing it for the first time!

I agree that the film starts a bit slow with some really funny moments here and there. But, once Cable enters the fray it really kicks into top gear. I thought that Cable was awesome and that he should have had even more screen time. The movie should have just focused on its 3 main characters (Pool, Cable & Domino) more as I think the Russel plot was probably unnecessary. 

P.S. D'you know how Cable would have been even more awesome? If Brad Pitt was playing him.  

P.P.S. Brad Pitt would also fit well with the Interview with the Vampire running-joke throughout film. 

Edited by PPZVGOS
  • Like 1

I definitely liked the first half better this time.  And you pick up way more the second time too.  During the scene where they first up with Dennison, Firefist, when the news is covering the event, they have some scrawls at the bottom of the screen.  One of them is "Christopher Plummer refuses role in Deadpool 2"  I fucking lost it reading that part.

you also notice the Matt Damon and Alan Tudyk cameos much easier.

The Pitt cameo is so fast that if you blink you'll miss it.

I also picked up the Terminator theme playing when Cable first appear shirtless and he is choosing his weapon and he goes in repair mode.  

Gotta say, The Say Anything part had me in stitches.  I couldn't stop laughing.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, baumer said:

I definitely liked the first half better this time.  And you pick up way more the second time too.  During the scene where they first up with Dennison, Firefist, when the news is covering the event, they have some scrawls at the bottom of the screen.  One of them is "Christopher Plummer refuses role in Deadpool 2"  I fucking lost it reading that part.

I also picked up the Terminator theme playing when Cable first appear shirtless and he is choosing his weapon and he goes in repair mode.  

OMG I NEVER SAW THAT :sparta:

I feel like I could watch this film 10 times and still not pick up on everything 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nova said:

OMG I NEVER SAW THAT :sparta:

I feel like I could watch this film 10 times and still not pick up on everything 

There's no way you would see it the first time, you are so focused on the action that you wouldn't take the split second to glance down at the bottom of the screen to notice it.

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

Plus when Deadpool calls Cable "John Connor" during the truck chase he fires his pistol to the beat of the theme's opening notes. It's pretty easy to miss though, I think I was the only one in my audience that caught it.

Edited by Mekanos
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mekanos said:

Plus when Deadpool calls Cable "John Connor" during the truck chase he fires his pistol to the beat of the theme's opening notes. It's pretty easy to miss though, I think I was the only one in my audience that caught it.

Yea, that whole scene was very Termantor-esque.  A lot of it felt like an homage to T3 when they chase scene is on and it takes out buildings and street poles and other cars and so on. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

There's no way you would see it the first time, you are so focused on the action that you wouldn't take the split second to glance down at the bottom of the screen to notice it.

I feel like I would never catch it because I would never think to glance there. But that's honestly fucking hilarious that they did that 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nova said:

I feel like I would never catch it because I would never think to glance there. But that's honestly fucking hilarious that they did that 

I think when you go a second or third time, you just have an opportunity to look at some of the smaller details.  Like I also noticed that there was a Canadian flag on one of the Wilson's apartment boards...in the scene where they show a picture of Wade and Vanessa, I think it's right near the beginning.  

• Like 1

Also, I mentioned that Stan Lee doesn't show up in this, well that's not entirely true.  On one of the buildings, I think it's during the skydiving scene, there is a huge mural of Stan Lee, again, blink and you miss it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think when you go a second or third time, you just have an opportunity to look at some of the smaller details.  Like I also noticed that there was a Canadian flag on one of the Wilson's apartment boards...in the scene where they show a picture of Wade and Vanessa, I think it's right near the beginning.  

I'm probably gonna see it one more time in theaters and I'm gonna try my best to focus on stuff like that. I'm so bad with catching that kind of stuff though :P

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Is it just me, or was there a Karl Marx portrait on the walls of X-Men mansion? 

I THOUGHT THAT WAS HIM. When I saw that I literally said out loud "is that Karl Marx?" I was just SO confused. Is there some obscure joke with him and the X-Men that I don't know about?

3 hours ago, Nova said:

I'm probably gonna see it one more time in theaters and I'm gonna try my best to focus on stuff like that. I'm so bad with catching that kind of stuff though :P

Well, I've given you two places to pay attention to, you'll pick it up.  :) 

• Thanks 1