DeeCee

***SPOILER***SPOILER***DEADPOOL 2*** SPOILER***SPOILER

47 minutes ago, Goffe said:

I liked it.... slightly better than the first. 3/10 

Has anyone mentioned that this is pretty much a DOFP remake? Or has that been pointed out to death alreadt? Didn’t read reviews.

Post credit scene is absolutely the most obnoxious thing to ever exist.

You told me that you would try to do better.

This is not doing better, Goffe. I’m disappointed.

Edited by Sam

8 hours ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Just saw it...my first question, did they use CGI, or a body suit for Brolin?! There's no way he's actually in that kind of shape! I'm talking about the shirtless scenes. He was totally RIPPED. 

Yup, that's legit...and that's just hard work from Brolin, seriously doubt any "super supps".  You can tell also because he's not huge...he just got ripped.  Diet, training, low ass BF%.  Pretty impressive for a guy his age, but he's gotten pretty ripped before. Posted in the main thread but I thought about when the trailer x-force got wiped out, well I lmao, and the movie became so much better for me from that point on.  First half was ok, but from that point on I really liked it.  Had some good moments you wanted to see between cable/dp - that is def an important connection to get going forward, I'm the juggernaut Bitch!, good final action scene with the real x-force team, also the transport action scene was solid.  It was like a C+/B- movie for me the first half and like an A-/A movie the second half.    

• Like 1

Reynolds may have been taking a couple shots at the director of the original, who quit this project 😂. 

The Terminator 2 script rip, as the director is working on Cameron's reboot of the franchise, and a line in the opening credits about not wanting to share the spotlight 🤣

31 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I like that Ryan Reynolds is willing to poke fun at his previous bad movie choices (Green Lantern, X-Men Origins: Wolverine) but has he legit forgotten that he made R.I.P.D. as well?

No that was mentioned in the David Beckham promo. So were Selfless, Blade Trinity and Boltneck.

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 2

The Cable torture scene with TJ Miller was the funniest 🤣

Miller is acting like a fearless tough guy, while at the same time spilling all the beans to Cable, so he doesn't get tortured 🤣

Edited by OdinSon2k14

Goddamn there were SO many great parts in this movie I really enjoyed! The Bond-style opening was awesome, and Dare I say it, a better Bond intro than maybe half the bond movies.

I LOVED the box office joke. It felt like it was made just for me too, as I was one of the only people in the theatre who laughed out loud. “Passion of the Christ... Deadpool. Domestically at least”. LMAO

Also, the entire extended chase sequence filmed in downtown Vancouver. I love when movies don’t try and disguise Vancouver. I remember back when my dad was telling me about how they had so many of the main roads shut down one after the other during production. Was funny cause I noticed both my dad’s and uncle’s apartments in one of the shots :lol:  And every time there was a new shot I was like “damn I recognize that street! They’re on the corner of Granville and broadway” Maybe people who live somewhere like New York are used to this, but it’s really cool for me

• Like 2

The scene where the X-Force gets slaughtered after 5 minutes after introduction had me laughing the most and probably was imo the best joke in the movie especially because they hyped it up in the trailers.

• Like 1

I hate to be that PLOTHOLES! INCONSISTENCIES! doofus, but what happened with Colossus X-Men no killing rule? I mean, he sends/let them take Deadpool to prison for killing a single person but then at the end Deadpool kill the entire hospital staff and he doesn't make a peep, he even smiles? Also, for a superhero movie that boasts about not being like other conventional superhero movies, unnecessarily having hordes of faceless people to kill at the third act surely is very superhero-y.

Anyway, this is approaching the first one levels of terrible after sleeping on it. 

• Like 1

On 16/05/2018 at 7:39 PM, DeeCee said:

Peter was great but I kind of wish they had Ron Swanson.  Not Nick Offerman, Ron Swanson.

But then the X-Force bit when they all die wouldn't work because Ron Swanson wouldn't have had himself killed WHILE helping others. Not plausible, sorry.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2018 at 10:56 PM, That One Guy said:

Beauty and the Beast, Thor Ragnarok, Solo, etc. can all go fuck themselves.  "Oh we have an LGBT character in our blockbuster film but we're only gonna hint at it and not explicitly state it or we risk controversy!"  Deadpool 2 just fucking destroyed all of you by EXPLICITLY showing Negasonic Teenage Warhead having a girlfriend and not glorifying it or making a big deal out of it.  I almost burst into applause.

@Goffe glad I could make you laugh

• Like 1

This is the most indifferent I've felt towards a CBM in a long time. The humor rarely landed for me outside of a few jokes (I was the only one to laugh at the box office joke lmao), and the plot doesn't have the sweet simplicity of the first. Bigger isn't always better! 7/10 | B-

Matt Damon is now the new cameo king.

9 hours ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

The Cable torture scene with Tim Miller was the funniest 🤣

Miller is acting like a fearless tough guy, while at the same time spilling all the beans to Cable, so he doesn't get tortured 🤣

It bums me out that the guy is apparently an asshole because damn he is funny on screen. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

The Cable torture scene with Tim Miller was the funniest 🤣

You mean TJ Miller right? Unless there was some other reference in that scene I didn’t get. Also, yeah it was funny. It felt a bit weird though given what he’s like in reality. 

• Like 1