DeeCee

***SPOILER***SPOILER***DEADPOOL 2*** SPOILER***SPOILER

1 hour ago, Jay Hollywood said:

One of the worst offenses this movie does is play Bangerang for the dubstep song. Its not a big deal but 

Its the first time I went yep this filmmaker to def to old to be making this reference,  it made me roll my eyes. 

They picked the OLDEST possible dubstep song they could have.  its 6 years OLDDDDDDDDD. its in that awkward time frame. Skrillex has releases like over 100 songs since then.  And its not old enough to be cool again. its awkward. Its like saying were about to drop the hottest track on the radio from DRAKE and its from 2 albums ago. its was confusing to me. And it reminded me this filmmaker is 50....

Its like your dad singing that song you liked in 7th grade and saying I thought you LOVED this song but you're in 12th grade now. 

I'm fucking 25 years old. That song was the most popular when I was 19 for god sakes, I still lived at home, I couldn't even drink, so it feels like a worse offense to me, its not modern. 

My buddy who is at EDC right now because  his DUBSTEP track are being played infornt of 25,000 people was like YAY dubstep joke, and then when he heard the song, he said he thought so lammmmme. The joke only works on people who don't actually listen or have heard dubstep. Thus they didn't succeed.  

Again, this isn't effecting my "grade" its just two eye roll moments

The track choice was likely intentional because Wade Wilson totally would like the old dubstep that no one gives a shit about anymore

• Like 7

Just saw it...my first question, did they use CGI, or a body suit for Brolin?! There's no way he's actually in that kind of shape! I'm talking about the shirtless scenes. He was totally RIPPED. 

Edited by OdinSon2k14

There was a trailer for "Meg". A weird thing about me is that I like fossils and computer generations of extinct creatures :D. It takes you back in time, to different eras. So, while Statham's movies mostly suck, I'm interested in seeing the Megalodon in that movie. The zoo in Miami has a giant jaw of a Megalodon that you can stand in :D🦈

Edited by OdinSon2k14

1 hour ago, acetabulum said:

Anyone else get a Sharknado vibe from this?  The jokes were mostly funny, but the execution was terrible.  I know it's supposed to be ridiculous, but it became B-movie ridiculous.  SMH.

Deadpool whole schtick and premise right from the start is that of a B-movie though.   

3 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

One of the worst offenses this movie does is play Bangerang for the dubstep song. Its not a big deal but 

Its the first time I went yep this filmmaker to def to old to be making this reference,  it made me roll my eyes. 

They picked the OLDEST possible dubstep song they could have.  its 6 years OLDDDDDDDDD. its in that awkward time frame. Skrillex has releases like over 100 songs since then.  And its not old enough to be cool again. its awkward. Its like saying were about to drop the hottest track on the radio from DRAKE and its from 2 albums ago. its was confusing to me. And it reminded me this filmmaker is 50....

Its like your dad singing that song you liked in 7th grade and saying I thought you LOVED this song but you're in 12th grade now. 

I'm fucking 25 years old. That song was the most popular when I was 19 for god sakes, I still lived at home, I couldn't even drink, so it feels like a worse offense to me, its not modern. 

My buddy who is at EDC right now because  his DUBSTEP track are being played infornt of 25,000 people was like YAY dubstep joke, and then when he heard the song, he said he thought so lammmmme. The joke only works on people who don't actually listen or have heard dubstep. Thus they didn't succeed.  

Again, this isn't effecting my "grade" its just two eye roll moments

As someone who knows what dubstep is, but don't know any "songs", the joke worked perfectly.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Just saw it...my first question, did they use CGI, or a body suit for Brolin?! There's no way he's actually in that kind of shape! I'm talking about the shirtless scenes. He was totally RIPPED. 

That was totally him. He like got into insane shape for the role 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, acetabulum said:

I also find it kinda funny how so much effort is put into avoiding spoilers for this when there are really no spoilers to care about lol.

Pretty sure that's not true especially since the trailer doesn't give a lot of the film away (ie the third act stuff with Juggernaut) and the whole X-Force dying amongst other things but okay. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

That's his real body. You should check out his YouTube video of him training for DP

I liked it.... slightly better than the first. 3/10 

Has anyone mentioned that this is pretty much a DOFP remake? Or has that been pointed out to death alreadt? Didn’t read reviews.

Post credit scene is absolutely the most obnoxious thing to ever exist.

Edited by Goffe

8 minutes ago, Goffe said:

I liked it.... slightly better than the first. 3/10 

Has anyone mentioned that this is pretty much a DOFP remake? Or has that been pointed out to death alreadt? Didn’t read reviews.

Post credit scene is absolutely the most obnoxious thing to ever exist.

:jeb!:

Obviously, it’s more enjoyable due to Leith involvement, this actually resembles an actual cinematic movie unlike the first one, but the jokes, the ones that are actually funny, are still too few and far in between and the action is excessive and mind-numbing and cling to cheap CGI as much as Deadpool clings to god-awful meta jokes.

It’s just so very boring.

3 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Obviously, it’s more enjoyable due to Leith involvement, this actually resembles an actual cinematic movie unlike the first one, but the jokes, the ones that are actually funny, are still too few and far in between and the action is excessive and mind-numbing and cling to cheap CGI as much as Deadpool clings to god-awful meta jokes.

It’s just so very boring.

I liked it , proceeds to bash entire movie 

• Haha 2