DeeCee

***SPOILER***SPOILER***DEADPOOL 2*** SPOILER***SPOILER

Nobody in my audience got the Terminator theme joke, but holy shit that one killed me. Possibly my favorite gag besides the X-Men cameo (especially the Nirvana shirt).

This felt like three different movies mashed into one but I really enjoyed it. Third act is better than the first movie’s but first act is sloooow. Disjointed but entertaining. 1 was definitely better but this was a worthy follow up.

Also I’m gonna need a Domino spin-off now.

Edited by Mekanos
  • Like 2

The jokes were definitely a lot nerdier this time around, which often went over the head of my Sunday afternoon audience. Pretty sure I was the only one laughing at the Rob Liefeld reverence.

Edited by Mekanos

3 hours ago, Rman823 said:

Matt Damon is much easier to recognize the second time around. Plus it sucks to see the film with an audience that didn’t get more than half the jokes leaving you and one other person laughing most of the time. 

Do you think a lot of the audience got the Say Anything homage?  I don't think mine did.

• Like 1

My crowd yesterday ate this movie up. My crowd Thursday night was hit or miss on the jokes. But of course that's the case with any comedy lol 

I think the biggest reaction from both of my crowds was the leg scene. Although I can't blame them. I've seen the film three different times and I still cackle at that scene. 

On 2018. 5. 20. at 6:46 AM, Jay Hollywood said:

One of the worst offenses this movie does is play Bangerang for the dubstep song. Its not a big deal but 

Its the first time I went yep this filmmaker to def to old to be making this reference,  it made me roll my eyes. 

They picked the OLDEST possible dubstep song they could have.  its 6 years OLDDDDDDDDD. its in that awkward time frame. Skrillex has releases like over 100 songs since then.  And its not old enough to be cool again. its awkward. Its like saying were about to drop the hottest track on the radio from DRAKE and its from 2 albums ago. its was confusing to me. And it reminded me this filmmaker is 50....

Its like your dad singing that song you liked in 7th grade and saying I thought you LOVED this song but you're in 12th grade now. 

They have gone with this:

• Haha 1

Also there was a kid in my screening yesterday who spoiled  Juggernaut lol When the scene with the loud thud comes the kid yells "OMG it's gonna be Juggernaut. Mom it's Juggernaut!" 

It was definitely interesting watching the film with the kid's commentary though lol 

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm going again today.  I'm hoping the first half is better for me this time.

The movie for me gets better each time I watch it. The first time I watched it, the beginning felt off but after yesterday's viewing I actually didn't feel it was THAT off but I'm wondering if it's because I know how the film is going to play out so I look at the beginning differently 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, baumer said:

Do you think a lot of the audience got the Say Anything homage?  I don't think mine did.

As I watched DP2 in India, people here don't even know there's a movie called Say Anything. I was the only one in my theatre to get this reference. I laughed out really loud but then I saw people staring at me (it suddenly hit me that no one knows about this reference) so I stopped.

Although what really surprised me was that everyone got "You are so dark are you sure you're not from the DC Universe" reference. That part killed at my screening.

• Like 2

I noticed this the minute I signed up, but it's some truly sad sack moniters...I put Juggernaut on a 2018 villain list. That's IT. A name. I didn't write, well, the kid befriends Juggernaut in the prison, and becomes his muscle.

THATS a spoiler. If you didn't know by now that Juggernaut is a villain-it's been mentioned in every CBM site-then you need to come out of your cave...

It was obviously unintentional, anyone can see that...yet it was WORTH more than a warning, it was worth capital punishment...

Ok, so to me, I really enjoyed it. The humor is on part w/the original (Goddamn did that legs skit kill me), the action is terrific, the movie is a lot more well accomplished technically than the 1st, the characters are mostly great (Cable and Domino are excellent new additions), and the movie's drama was surprisingly heartwarming and compelling. It felt like a much more down to Earth movie than the 1st one, which was kind of a stoner comedy w/a Count of Monte Cristo meets Seth MacFarlane complex (not that there's anything wrong w/that because the original was also very good). And need I say anything about the post-credits scenes? Apart from the fact that I thought that DOFP had erased X-Men Origins: Wolverine from existence.... X-Men timelines are just the worst.

That being said, I have to agree that everything from when Wade Wilson wakes up in the X-Men mansion up until the 3rd act felt really slow moving. Everything before, right from the opening scene to the Céline Dion opening credits was brilliant; then the X-Men stuff happens and the pacing spikes downward. There was a lot of great humor and banter along the way, but there's no denial that the movie felt loooooong and kinda exhausting as a result of the dour pacing in the middle. Probably a direct consequence of the billions of different directions the plot takes. And I do mean BILLIONS, it felt like the story went in all sorts of twists and turns. Too much of them, maybe.

Still, a very worthy sequel to the original, and in a ton of areas better than it. Though if we are getting either a Deadpool 3 or an X-Force movie, I wouldn't bring David Leitch back as a solo act, since he clearly has some struggling w/properly structuring a story on his own (proven by both Atomic Blonde and, to a lesser degree, this). If Leitch is to come back, I'd bring him as part of a duo alongside his John Wick co-director Chad Stahelski (who also made John Wick 2 on his own).

And @OdinSon2k14, if you put Juggernaut in a 2018 villain list in the last couple of days, that's probably a strong indication that Juggernaut is in Deadpool 2 (and he wasn't advertised to be). It could be unintentional, but that on its own IS a massive spoiler nonetheless.

Edited by MCKillswitch123