sfran43

Tuesday's Numbers: AIW around 6M (Asgard 2)

11 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I read some of those kind of posts then and never reacted as I hadn't found the right words - maybe now?

CA knows the actual world let's say under 10 years.

Didn't see the other Avengers... constantly, means probably only on a case to case basis with the occasional meeting in between.

Had to take in a lot of adjusting, should feel like having lost his roots in more than 1 detail.

Gets the opportunity to meet / get back a years long friend, a brother in arms too, I think there is no stronger bond outside of family (and sometimes even stronger than those kind of bonds), gets the opportunity to get back a part of his lost past, only to learn how badly the time for his sole living real friend had been and how said friend hadn't even gotten a chance to break out of his circumstances and/or state his circumstances in a proper/regulated way.

Anyone who thinks a theoretical person with a described character AND past like CA would even pause for a second to help his friend does not understand CA at all in my POV (also counting probably in RL for a high % of cops, soldiers,... who lived for years through dangerous situations/fights)

Great post, I am a bit annoyed when people make fun of the friendship between Steve and Bucky, two guys that grew up together with Bucky actually being the strong character and protecting Steve (and trying to get him a decent date) before Steve became captain America. Bucky was basically the anti-bully, the opposite of the “handsome/popular teenager who mocks and bullies the nerds” that we have seen in about a billion u.s films and yet some people make fun of that ? Whatever...

Oh and I am happy that CW in its first 2/3 was a direct continuation of WS.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

Okay? I wasn't questioning the motives of the characters or whatever, I just thought it was a dull movie.

No problem from my POV for thinking the movie was dull or whatever :) , my post was about that part:

I don't give a damn about Bucky or Cap's boner for him.

That sounds to me like you or others who wrote and write similar might not understand the character's... see my post ;)

Edited by terrestrial
others
  • Like 3

Both BP and AIW will crawl past 700m. IW is currently 20% ahead of A1, and that would land it past 740m. Of course, it that percentage difference will shrink, but it has enough room now to drop significantly and still make it. Labor Day and summer weekdays will help it out. 

Prerelease projections of BP were 300-400, and IW was around 500. What these two have done is beyond impressive. 

Edited by HouseOfTheSun
  • Like 11

Yeah, I think IW has enough of a lead on BP at this point that 700 is far more likely than not. It's already getting pretty far into its run to still have such a lead and lose it all. A sub 50% drop this weekend would lock in 700, imo. I'll be good with anything sub 55%. 

38 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

NO.  No.  No. No. NO!!

For the 50th time on this site, it was sold as a Captain America vs. Iron Man movie.  Every piece of marketing has it set up as that from posters to web banners to trailers to everything.  It was never sold as Avengers 2.5, it was sold as Cap vs. Stark.  

Here is the marketing since everyone needs a reminder....

Captain-America-Civil-War-Movie-Poster.j

civilwar.jpg

A Cap vs Iron Man Movie with 85% of the Avengers wasn’t marketed as an Avengers movie?

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

A Cap vs Iron Man Movie with 85% of the Avengers wasn’t marketed as an Avengers movie?

Can someone explain to me what is the point of this endless debate ? O.k let’s say civil war was an avengers movie , it did worse than AOU and now IW has rebounded impressively, happy ?

Its like people are seriously offended that each new movie in a marvel franchise, with the exception of AOU, is doing better than the last worldwide  so they are trying to find a loophole somewhere as if it means anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

So can someone with a great grasp on OS box office let me know what's realistically the most IW can add OS from here? 

I would if I actually had any idea about OS box office. As Dom is hard to really predict and Os consists of so many different market.

People in the China-BO-chat say 350M for china, 700m Dom.

And it was at ~860M after Sunday after a roughly $80M international weekend and putting that on it two times would give it $1020M and that is what I would say is the target right now. Which would basically mean it would end just a little above TFA in total:lol:.

12 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Can someone explain to me what is the point of this endless debate ? O.k let’s say civil war was an avengers movie , it did worse than AOU and now IW has rebounded impressively, happy ?

You will have an hard time getting any explanation for the very existence of this website, pretty much nothing here is not endless or has any usefulness, it is pretty much all pure waste of time people engage in with no debate ever having any point.

• Astonished 1

27 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Both BP and AIW will crawl past 700m. IW is currently 20% ahead of A1, and that would land it past 740m. Of course, it that percentage difference will shrink, but it has enough room now to drop significantly and still make it. Labor Day and summer weekdays will help it out.  

I read that Disney is targeting mid-August for IW's Blu-ray release, so it probably won't benefit from the Labor Day long weekend like the first Avengers film. For the past few years, Disney has been saving the big Labor Day theater expansion for their Pixar films rather than their Marvel films. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I read that Disney is targeting mid-August for IW's Blu-ray release, so it probably won't benefit from the Labor Day long weekend like the first Avengers film. For the past few years, Disney has been saving the big Labor Day theater expansion for their Pixar films rather than their Marvel films. 

Crap. Memorial day

13 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

For the past few years, Disney has been saving the big Labor Day theater expansion for their Pixar films rather than their Marvel films. 

In Disney’s defense, most people still want to see (or see again) the latest Pixar release 2-3 months after it opens.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

I would if I actually had any idea about OS box office. As Dom is hard to really predict and Os consists of so many different market.

People in the China-BO-chat say 350M for china, 700m Dom.

And it was at ~860M after Sunday after a roughly $80M international weekend and putting that on it two times would give it $1020M and that is what I would say is the target right now. Which would basically mean it would end just a little above TFA in total:lol:.

Would 1020 OS-China really be the best case scenario? Again, not an OS expert but it seems to me like it could add more than another 150m after that big of a weekend. 

Civil War was marketed like an Avengers movie. It showcased the other characters and the addition of Black Panther and Spider-Man and we had the same "Roll call" type TV spots the first two Avengers movie had

Robert Downey Jr of course was the main draw. Civil War wouldn't have sniffed 400m domestic and 1 billion worldwide without him

• Like 1