CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Good result for Deadpool.  Standard 2.5x legs give it a 312M finish.  Could see it go as high as 331M.

It's not getting 2.5x lol It'll be lucky to get 2.2x 

I don't think you guys are comprehending just how front loaded this movie is. 

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

We have officially reached the point where a sequel to a film that opened to 132M opens with 125M and yet some people will still try to call it an awful number.  How about some perspective?

Why have that when we can run around like Chicken Little yelling the sky is falling?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

It's going lower than IT. $121M OW for a $260M total. 

Probably gonna do less than $600M WW as well since those numbers aren't too hot either. 

What is wrong with you? 260M is a multiplier less than 2.2 from 121M OW. It has memorial day next weekend. No way it's going that low. I know you had high expectations from the movie but get a grip.

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

We have officially reached the point where a sequel to a film that opened to 132M opens with 125M and yet some people will still try to call it an awful number.  How about some perspective?

The $125M is NOT a bad number. It's how it got that $125M that is bad and really doesn't set it up for success. 

I loved the film and I'm really hoping it does well but I wouldn't be shocked if it taps out at $260M domestic. That's how bad the weekend played out. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

:hahaha:

Sat number could be lower than Rth’s. Maybe at 12.5M or something. If so, -28% Sun drop is not too bad.

Otherwise, they’re predicting -35% lol.

And Disney, you cowards! You could have given us $28.69

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, Nova said:

It's not getting 2.5x lol It'll be lucky to get 2.2x 

I don't think you guys are comprehending just how front loaded this movie is. 

Deadpool appears to have a minority percentage of fans who will run out to see it as soon as possible, but this isn’t representative of the GA.  You’re calling horrible legs for this way too fucking early.  Especially because its only competition until Incredibles 2 is Solo.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The difference in reactions I have seen haven't been anyone calling the movie bad. For Deadpool, the reactions were "You have to see this, it's unlike anything else". For this, it has been "It's good, but not as good as the first one". The reactions start from a defensive place.

Sure about that? I’d say the majority think its better than the first based on what I’ve been reading.

• Like 1

Just now, oMeriMombatti said:

What is wrong with you? 260M is a multiplier less than 2.2 from 121M OW. It has memorial day next weekend. No way it's going that low. I know you had high expectations from the movie but get a grip.

CW got a 2.28. I'm sure no one expected that either. It's not about expectations. It's about seeing how a film plays out over its OW. You can get a real good understanding of the type of legs it's gonna have based on that. 

DP2 is having worse drops than CW in its OW. I don't know why it would have a better multi than it 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

Could go sub-125...can't say am not a bit under-whelmed after that 18.6 preview number. Didn't expect smaller preview to ow multi than AOU's 6.9x.

10 (-65%)

12 (+20%)

9 (-25%)

8.5 (-5.5%)

= 162.5

If it goes under 123M, it will be more frontloaded than Infinity War. Just let that sink in for a minute.

Just now, Nova said:

It's going lower than IT. $121M OW for a $260M total. 

Probably gonna do less than $600M WW as well since those numbers aren't too hot either. 

Nova what happened?  You've gone all Thrylos on us.

Europe and Australia are down a bit (some due to the wedding, heat and sport) but it's opened significantly bigger in Asia and Latin America markets

• Like 4

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Deadpool appears to have a minority percentage of fans who will run out to see it as soon as possible, but this isn’t representative of the GA.  You’re calling horrible legs for this way too fucking early.  Especially because its only competition until Incredibles 2 is Solo.

I'd say Ocean's 8 provides formidable competition also. That's starting to feel like a $45-50M opener.

• Like 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

I love how people are acting like it has no competition over Memorial Day weekend, as if Star Wars 100mil opening isn't going to effect Deadpool 2. 

It will affect it, but it’s also a holiday weekend which should even things out a bit and make it have a better drop than it normally would have.  Then it has two weeks of no real competition (unless Action Point breaks out?  Which I’m doubting because Paramount is dumping it)