CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

6 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I wouldn't hate Solo coming in as low as possible, just to discourage Lucasfilm from staying in the past forever. To discourage them from doing a young Princess Leia movie.  

Young as in 9 yr old Leia?  :lol:

She's only 19 in SW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Nope, more like young as in 15. It will fill in the "gaps" before Star Wars takes place.

I can't wait to find out why she settled on the side buns hairdo and if she found out the hard way that bras can really strangle you in space. 

• Like 1

Guys, don't listen to iJack, he is overreacting and temporarily ins--

FUCK THIS BULLSHIT.

Also, no, the problem isn't the film. The film is actually BETTER than the first. The problem isn't that Deadpool 1 was too big and that "it's normal to sequels". This isn't Age of Ultron and Deadpool 1 wasn't The Avengers. Deadpool 1 was far from the ceiling that this franchise has and claiming that it's flat out asinine.

The problem with Deadpool 2 is its release date. The problem with Deadpool 2 is Fox stubbornness of placing a rated R superhero film less than three weeks after what would obviously be the biggest superhero film of all time. The problem is that Fox had a KILLER film with a KILLER viral marketing campaign that kicked into high  less than two weeks before the film was out. The problem is that unlike the first Fox didn't place Deadpool 2 on a date where it could play to its strengths.

The problem with Deadpool 2 is because yes, it's wasted potential. Infinity War has recovered well over the weekend and could have gone for high $30s if Fox didn't screw up. If Fox didn't screw up and this had a better release date that played for this film and franchise strengths, this WOULD have opened bigger than the first. Was it too hard for Fox to realize that before hand? Is it too easy to say this now in retrospect? FUCK NO. Even the original date would have been better. Why? More room between Infinity War and Deadpool 2 would always be a good idea. Understandably afraid that Solo could make bank while scheduling this film regardless its problematic production? Fine and fair. THEN PUSH THIS BITCH BACK. Put it in August. Hell, put it in September if you want to. Give a breathing room between this and AIW and BP. Make the audiences salivate for more Deadpool like the viral marketing COULD if it took it's time. 

But no, Fox HAD to fuck this one up just before getting bought by Disney, didn't they? They could not go out in a high note. The old habit of sucking dies hard, I guess.

So for the old times:

FUCK YOU FOX. Fuck you for screwing Deadpool one last time. Never again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • ...wtf 1

6 hours ago, aabattery said:

It's passed another prediction of yours as well.

It'll be over 2.3x this weekend. A pettier man than I would dig up some more of the very many posts you have made about what IW's legs would be 5lqgoqf.png

Clearly I’m not the only one who predicted bad legs :thinking: 

On 2/8/2018 at 11:27 PM, aabattery said:

IW legs gonna be stubby.

Legs gonna be trash for IW.

Edited by That One Guy

4 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Guys, don't listen to iJack, he is overreacting and temporarily ins--

FUCK THIS BULLSHIT.

Also, no, the problem isn't the film. The film is actually BETTER than the first. The problem isn't that Deadpool 1 was too big and that "it's normal to sequels". This isn't Age of Ultron and Deadpool 1 wasn't The Avengers. Deadpool 1 was far from the ceiling that this franchise has and claiming that it's flat out asinine.

The problem with Deadpool 2 is its release date. The problem with Deadpool 2 is Fox stubbornness of placing a rated R superhero film less than three weeks after what would obviously be the biggest superhero film of all time. The problem is that Fox had a KILLER film with a KILLER viral marketing campaign that kicked into high  less than two weeks before the film was out. The problem is that unlike the first Fox didn't place Deadpool 2 on a date where it could play to its strengths.

The problem with Deadpool 2 is because yes, it's wasted potential. Infinity War has recovered well over the weekend and could have gone for high $30s if Fox didn't screw up. If Fox didn't screw up and this had a better release date that played for this film and franchise strengths, this WOULD have opened bigger than the first. Was it too hard for Fox to realize that before hand? Is it too easy to say this now in retrospect? FUCK NO. Even the original date would have been better. Why? More room between Infinity War and Deadpool 2 would always be a good idea. Understandably afraid that Solo could make bank while scheduling this film regardless its problematic production? Fine and fair. THEN PUSH THIS BITCH BACK. Put it in August. Hell, put it in September if you want to. Give a breathing room between this and AIW and BP. Make the audiences salivate for more Deadpool like the viral marketing COULD if it took it's time. 

But no, Fox HAD to fuck this one up just before getting bought by Disney, didn't they? They could not go out in a high note. The old habit of sucking dies hard, I guess.

So for the old times:

FUCK YOU FOX. Fuck you for screwing Deadpool one last time. Never again.

Image result for can you like chill for a sec

5 hours ago, Sam said:

Why is over 150M for JW:FK even a question of uncertainty in any way lol

Granted, there is not that big a sample size, but sequels to 200M+ megaopeners simply don’t drop that much. 

180M OW should be the low end for Fallen Kingdom.

Han forecasting his wack ass 120M OW and 300M total

I don’t know why people are freaking out?? I mean we’re talking about a movie which out opened 5 of 6 superhero movies from last year? Deadpool opening to 120-130 million is perfectly fine. Especially with a hard rated R.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Told you all long time ago that this will do less than Deadpool . Start kissing my feet.

Didn’t you also proclaim it to be a mess based on one test screening report and then it came out with similar reviews to the first?

2 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Solo next weekend better either smash the Memorial Day Weekend Record or fall short of At World's End's record. In between will just lead to even more bickering. 

Unrelated but I'm thinking of rewatching Dead Man's Chest and At World's End after exams. Felt like I didn't give those films a fair shot last time. 

I remember DMC being the best in that series (I kid you not) but ahoy the bloat is Real in AWE from what I recall (which also felt like an early rough draft got filmed that needed more work.)