CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

35 minutes ago, lilmac said:

Too bad Black Panther won’t reach $700m. I’m disappointed. 

It will be less than $2M from $700 by Thursday before heading into a holiday weekend, + a few weeks left before its yanked out of theaters. How does it not reach $700M with those odds in its favor?!🤔😒

• Like 4

1 hour ago, harrycaul said:

Hollywood will make live-action cartoons until they run them into the ground.

That day will come. It always comes.

This is as it ever has been and as it ever shall be.

So, your point is that this current 10-year long trend will eventually end rather than literally running on forever?

Um, ok. I mean, thats not super insightful. Everthing ends eventually.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Wrath said:

So, your point is that this current 10-year long trend will eventually end rather than literally running on forever?

everything that has a beginning has an end.  remakes?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wrath said:

It's more like a 20 year trend to be honest, aside from a few years in the 90's it'd be a 30 year trend since the '89 batman.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2018+2019 will see the MCU release 6 movies grossing perhaps some 7.5B+ WW and 3B+ DOM. It does seems pretty clear that the next years of the MCU won’t quite match that bar — but then again, neither will anything else, so I’m not sure what that proves.       

Anytime they scheduled another back to back Avengers duology (maybe to end phase 6 in 2029?) would have a good chance to do at least meet these numbers though. 

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

It's more like a 20 year trend to be honest, aside from a few years in the 90's it'd be a 30 year trend since the '89 batman.

40 years. See SUPERMAN

15 minutes ago, Wrath said:

I agree that it's obvious. That's why people saying it won't happen seem ridiculous to me.

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Just thought of a fun club: Black Panther below average gross for a 2018/2019 MCU movie WW

Similar to how The Avengers is now below the average gross of the Avengers franchise

• Like 1

Deadpool 2's 125M makes me feel a lot better about Thor Ragnarok's 122M opening😂. Where exactly Thor stands. Yeah, it was higher than Logan,  Homecoming, Wonder Woman and Justice League, but it got smoked by Guardians 2 and Black Panther. Infinity War was expected, because its IW. 

Now I know that Guardians and Black Panther were pop culture phenomenons, and Thor 3's opening was incredible in it's own right.

Edited by OdinSon2k14
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Warner is taking a massive gamble this Christmas with Aquaman, they are betting 250M+ on a character that I am still not sure you can take seriously in movies ...

We live in an era of Ant-Man. I'm sure that won't be a problem for them. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

I agree that it's obvious. That's why people saying it won't happen seem ridiculous to me.

No one is saying its going to last FOREVER. They’re just saying its showing no signs of imploding anytime soon.

I mean, if a hitter in baseball has a 3 homer game, jumping in and announcing he’ll never do it again is dumb.

Because, sure, probably not. But he might, and even if he never does it again, just doing it once is pretty darn impressive. Plus, he’s got a great shot at having years of really fun and impressive results ahead of him, even if he never manages another 3 homer game.

edit - When someone does something great, is your first response to taunt them “Hope you enjoyed it, because you’ll probably never do it again”?

I’m sure you’re fun at parties.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2