Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Switching gears here: is BP gonna get to 700 after all? I mean seriously, if it drops harsh next weekend like most movies do after MD, I'm having a hard time seeing how it gets there without you know what. 

Well Disney probably wont fudge it there, all the fudge money must go to Wrinkle in Time after all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Cleopatra was a bigger failure than Solo. Among franchises, I'd say Superman IV was a way bigger failure: so much so it killed the Superman franchise for almost 20 years.

Superman III adjusted to $174 million. Superman IV adjusts to...$36 million. That's how badly that movie did.

Thanks. Yeah, Superman franchise was in free fall at the box office. It's the same thing that's happening with the Star Wars franchise. Unlike Superman, Star Wars has the benefits of the globalized era to advertise its films. Unfortunately it seems that the public is already losing interest in the franchise. I believe a movie like Boba Fett: A Star Wars Story would flop at the box office too.

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

even though Solo flopped it still took IMAX and PLF screens from Deadpool. Deadpool 1 managed to keep them for several weeks

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

It better give them back to at least IW. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, water said:

if netflix was willing to pay an absurd 50 million for the cloverfield paraflop i wonder how much they would have offered for solo lmfao

They don't need Solo. Bright is Netflix's Star Wars :sparta:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I don't even know why people are arguing lol It was very obvious from the OW that it wasn't going to get great legs. Even after the shitty Thursday drop and shitty Friday increase the writing was on the wall but people still had it go over $300M as if the holds haven't been atrocious. Having said that, the movie has been very very weird in terms of its holds. It had really good holds last Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and then an average hold for Wednesday. But then Thursday, Friday and Saturday it's like the same scenario as its OW with the holds being horrendous. 

IW pulled the same bizarre amazing first Mon/Tue holds leading into a ho hum second weekend drop. Bit weird, but that seems to be a new pattern for big openers all of a sudden.

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

IW pulled the same bizarre amazing first Mon/Tue holds leading into a ho hum second weekend drop. Bit weird, but that seems to be a new pattern for big openers all of a sudden.

Yea but IW has been having great weekends so another good weekend hold was expected. At least from me it was 

Just now, Nova said:

Yea but IW has been having great weekends so another good weekend hold was expected. At least from me it was 

I know, I'm just saying that IW's first Mon/Tue holds were deceptively strong against its second weekend just like DP2. Wondering if this is a new pattern. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

I know, I'm just saying that IW's first Mon/Tue holds were deceptively strong against its second weekend just like DP2. Wondering if this is a new pattern. 

Possibly. I guess we will see this summer when we have a few other big openers to look at

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Well Disney probably wont fudge it there, all the fudge money must go to Wrinkle in Time after all.

Lol, in all seriousness I think Disney does stand more to gain from WiT hitting 100 than BP hitting 700. Don't think there's any TV deals for 700. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Sam said:

The quick downward trajectory after just 3.5 years is what alarming. It is definitely an interesting weekend at Disney/Lucasfilm right now. 

Much quicker December 2015 was just 2.5 year's ago.....

This is a good time to realize what Marvel means to Disney and what DC could mean to WB. #Goldmine

Disney also has Pixar and WDAS is very successful too. They also seem to have a lore of unlimited live-actions.

Edited by A2k Raptor

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

In IW's case that was probably spillover from Sunday? Deadpool cant really be explained that way though...

imax injustice is nothing new, giving me ptsd to when interstellar kept all screens for like 13 years and mj1 didn't get a release at all

best case scenario they're given to the 4-hour cut of bp 👀

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Switching gears here: is BP gonna get to 700 after all? I mean seriously, if it drops harsh next weekend like most movies do after MD, I'm having a hard time seeing how it gets there without you know what. 

Yes. I expect a rexpansion to happen once Summer days come. 

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Whens the next big contendor? What the hell am I gonna do for the next year or so...

Contender for what? Topping Titanic/Avatar worldwide? Wont be that long.

Spoiler

Venom_02.jpg

• Haha 1