Nova

Tuesday Numbers: Solo "Could hit around $7.4" per Asgard 2

2 hours ago, AndyK said:

Well, I did say at the time that WB had no need to move Wonder Woman 2 out of the way of iX.

It should be Disney that does the moving.

WW2 seems destined to drop though so why would Disney move out the way? They could easily co-exist

3 hours ago, LonePirate said:

Aim a little higher, Baumer! BC will cross $40M on Thursday and will be close to $50M after Sunday. It is looking to dethrone ICOI for best legs of 2018 and it needs to hit just above $66M for that to happen. I think $70M+ is very possible for it.

Well, it does have the potential to drop significantly this weekend because that's what films do post MD weekend.  But then again,this is an adult themed movie so perhaps the drop will be nice.  I looked up some other "adult" films and there really isn't anything to compare it to box officer wise.  Love and Friendship dropped 14% the weekend after MD but that film added 36 theaters and grossed 14 million dollars total and Chef only dropped 15% and finished with 40 million.  Not sure if you can compare it.  

But say you are right, it could do

And that would bring it to 40

I can't use the bumps on Friday for films like LF and Chef because that would get BC to around 10 million.  It's not going to stay flat this weekend.  

But your point is a good one, maybe 60 is too low.  The weekend drop will be telling for sure.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jessie said:

WW2 seems destined to drop though so why would Disney move out the way? They could easily co-exist

WW2 will be the Catching Fire of it's franchise. I am thinking 430-435M DOM (150M OW) and 900M+ WW. Don't think OS increase will be too dramatic but should still do ~475M.

58 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

If it grosses 60M, it would have made more money DOM than films like Tomb Raider (57M), Maze Runner 3 (58M) and Pacific Rim: Uprising (59M), all of which had obviously a way higher budget.

Those movies did so shit dom words cannot describe it. However, low budgets for TR (94M) and especially MZ (62M) help their WW # and it's hilarious that MZ ended its OS and WW run only about 4M below PRU that cost 155M to make (or 176M if you go by some reports).

MZ = 226M OS/284M WW

PRU = 229M OS/288M WW

Edited by Valonqar

14 minutes ago, John Marston said:

That’s a similar drop to DOfP which dropped 64% second weekend 

That's quite unfortunate, X-men legs are just not good, DOFP was really enjoyable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

That's pretty remarkable.  It's been released in a few smaller markets internationally and now it's going to start rolling out in bigger ones like the UK and France and Germany and Portugal (hope you see it @CJohn )  so hopefully it makes a run at 100 million.

September over here :sparta:

• Disbelief 1

44 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

WW2 will be the Catching Fire of it's franchise. I am thinking 430-435M DOM (150M OW) and 900M+ WW. Don't think OS increase will be too dramatic but should still do ~475M.

I really doubt that. We’ll see....

1 hour ago, LonePirate said:

Aim a little higher, Baumer! BC will cross $40M on Thursday and will be close to $50M after Sunday. It is looking to dethrone ICOI for best legs of 2018 and it needs to hit just above $66M for that to happen. I think $70M+ is very possible for it.

i doubt so... ICOI benefited from huge increase in theater count after opening, from 1629 to 2894 4 weeks later, but BC's theater count seem to be at its peak already......with more intense competition coming in june, no way theater can keep its screen despite good hold, they are more concern about big big raw box office number eventhough it's a disappointment like solo

He keeps on embarrassing himself further even though it looks like he's trying to back off from his statement.

1 hour ago, oMeriMombatti said:

But why? WW much like deadpool or black panther had alot of non Cmb fans watching it as they were novelties. I can't imagine it replicating that success. It will drop like deadpool 2. 475m is wishful thinking.

Catching fire had the benefit of being based on a popular book which was known to be the best of the trilogy.

340m seems more plausible

• Like 1