Nova

Tuesday Numbers: Solo "Could hit around $7.4" per Asgard 2

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

It's all those cheap ass college students who are out of school.  They're giving the older ladies who go to see Book Club a run for their discounted tickets.

I know :ph34r: And it makes sense given the target demo for Deadpool 2. But at least the older ladies are also representing Book Club on the weekends somewhat. The college students are too busy getting smashed (is that the correct word?) on the weekends :ph34r::rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Infinity War:

2M (-62%)

1.6M (-21%)

1.6M (-)

3.2M (+100%)

5.1M (+60%)

3.8M (-26%)

12.1M Weekend, 30% drop

This isn't even the most optimistic scenario :ohmygod: The holds I used for the weekend are identical to The Avengers save for Sunday.

Looks reasonable.   AOU off a slightly lower Tues did $11.4m against San Andreas opening and dropping 500 theaters.

• Like 1

I hope Disney will rerelease IW in theatres the week before Avengers 4's May release.

I'm not big on watching them B2B on the same night.....so the night before would be fantastic.

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Looks reasonable.   AOU off a slightly lower Tues did $11.4m against San Andreas opening and dropping 500 theaters.

The biggest advantage this has is the TC loss won't be substantial. Theaters getting Action Point and Upgrade aren't going to drop IW.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Nova said:

I'm not too familiar with after MD drops but is that DP2 drop good? 

It looks good. But I can't figure out DP2.  IT has a pattern into itself.

20 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I think IW will overshadow both solo and Deadpool 2 in the upcoming days , even with obviously lower numbers. I think it’s smooth sailing for IW until , at the very least TI2 launches and possibly until JW 2 launches. Things look grim for solo and Deadpool 2.

As it should. 

AIW is simply the next evolutionary step in terms of big-budget fantasy film-making. I am more inclined to watch AIW for a 5th time, rather than Solo for a first. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

$690m finish?

30 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I think IW will overshadow both solo and Deadpool 2 in the upcoming days , even with obviously lower numbers. I think it’s smooth sailing for IW until , at the very least TI2 launches and possibly until JW 2 launches. Things look grim for solo and Deadpool 2.

Grim for Deadpool 2? :wintf:

DP2 is playing the opposite of IW, a weekdays movie instead of weekends.

I still think $300 has a good chance but this weekend will be more telling than last of that how high that chance is. There might as well be no competitions this weekend, so if it drops another 60% again, then nah. 

1 minute ago, Sam said:

DP2 is playing the opposite of IW, a weekdays movie instead of weekends.

I still think $300 has a good chance but this weekend will be more telling than last of that how high that chance is. There might as well be no competitions this weekend, so if it drops another 60% again, then nah. 

I could imagine Deadpool beeing an R-Rated movie performing weaker on weekends is, because it doesnt really attract a family crowd. And many adults dont necessarily have to watch movies on weekends, hence the stronger weekdays.