CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

3 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

It’s still crazy to me how much Shrek 2 did. When it came out it didn’t FEEL big. Like all the quotes and memes were still mostly from the first movie. I barely remember anything from the second besides the song and Human Shrek.

You probably remember the cat it was a really popular part of the Shrek universe and from the second movie.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Well, in all honesty, i do think you would like it more than Solo.

seeing how I haven't seen Solo, and don't plan on it for another seven years (and that's if I knocked someone up tomorrow and felt like marrying them which is highly unlikely), i'm willing to bet I will like it more

• ...wtf 1

Just now, mathemetrics said:

what are the options available if one is to undergo a suspension or ban from this forum?  

would derby privileges still be available during that time?

is this post even real?

No. You are dead. This is actually hell. Endless flame wars and fanboy debates drive you insane, before you will break and in the process get a year-long ban from Satan himself (@CJohn), during you will suffer all sorts of physical torture such as watching The Oogieloves for 24 hours. Every day, every week.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 2

is the mamma mia sequel gonna have bad word of mouth because of how much they're trying to sell that meryl streep's in it even though she probably isn't, at least not beyond a cameo. i saw that trailer for the first time in front of ocean's 8 the other day and it's 50% footage of her from the first one.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

is the mamma mia sequel gonna have bad word of mouth because of how much they're trying to sell that meryl streep's in it even though she probably isn't, at least not beyond a cameo. i saw that trailer for the first time in front of ocean's 8 the other day and it's 50% footage of her from the first one.

I ll take Lily James in a bikini for 2 hours thank you very much.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Barnack said:

You probably remember the cat it was a really popular part of the Shrek universe and from the second movie.

Best thing about the movie and I enjoyed his spin off more than any of the Shreks. I have his TV series in my ever unwatched but growing Netflix queue

latest?cb=20091230233249

70/140

• Like 1

The first trailer back in December mentioned Streep once or twice in the past tense. Pretty sure there will be at least one flashback sequence with her, since she is still credited in the movie.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Maybe.

The movie made soooo much money for Universal it's inexplicable that they couldn't get Streep back for more than a cameo and that they waited a decade to make it.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

The thing no one's talking about is how Mama Mia Here We Go Again is just a part one, multi's gonna be terrible once auds see the cliffhanger

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

who's gonna have more screen time meryl in mamma mia 2 or sebastian stan in avengers infinity war?

or is it a spoiler to mention yet that certain actor who's doing a lot of press for a certain movie he's in for 49 seconds? because him too.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, a2k said:

With ~133 ow, 2.63x for 350 is the target imo. 375 needs 2.81x. 400 seems like a pipe dream unless Friday ends up close to 60.

I'm guessing walk ups on late west coast shows will be strong. I think 60 is possible. And if it does hot 60 then 150 OW is doable.

• Like 3

Just now, Chewy said:

The thing no one's talking about is how Mama Mia Here We Go Again is just a part one, multi's gonna be terrible once auds see the cliffhanger

Movie ends with

Spoiler

Cher snapping her fingers and killing half the people on the island

(still slightly weird I still have to tag Infinity War spoilers)

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

whose gonna have more screen time meryl in mamma mia 2 or sebastian stan in avengers infinity war?

or is it a spoiler to mention yet that certain actor whose doing a lot of press for a certain movie he's in for 49 seconds? because him too.

When Ewan has 142s of screentime in Christopher Robin

tumblr_mxv609d43y1t6133fo1_500.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2