CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

2 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

I actually think the way JWFK ended sets up a potentially great sequel with higher stakes.

If they build on that premise and make it appealing in the trailers, I'd say the sequel's OW has a chance to increase.

I agree with this. I think JW3 will have a decent increase from FK worldwide, largely from OS. 

• Like 2

I think FK will increase with actuals. Nice that it opened on the high end of expectations. It’s the new transformers films(well the first 3 at least) in terms of being a walk up franchise. 

All the Disney films in the top 10 got hit hard by FK. 

And Deadpool...❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

The Jurassic Park/Jurassic World franchise is now at 4,4B Worldwide, surpassing the Transformers series in the process. Even with a finish of only 1,1B Worldwide for FK (more likely is 1,2B), it will be at 4,89B, thus becoming the 10th-highest grossing franchise of all time worldwide.

Just for a short time though, since that animated Spider-Man film comes out in December :lol: and Homecoming 2 in July next year.

Yeah universal did a good job rebooting it. If only they had done such a good job with their dark universe :whosad:

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Entirely depends on where they go with the setting/story imo. The ending of FK definetly allows for some very interesting directions. If the manage to deliver an epic spectacle, JW3 has no reason to go down from FK, if anything, it should go up.

Not so great wom from the 2nd one?

Also, you guys still haven't learned to stop taking @GraceRandolph seriously? He's a troll, I think that's fairly obvious at this point.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

A rather rare 3D box office update for JW:FK

Overall, Imax and premium large format repped 21% of Fallen Kingdom‘s weekend or $31.5M.  Imax alone accounted for 9% of the seque’s domestic weekend with $13M at 410 auditoriums. Nine out of the top ten domestic locations featured an Imax screen.  Of “Fallen Kingdom’s” $711 million haul, $380 million came from 3D ticket sales, along with $105 million from RealD 3D. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

My prediction still made more sense - seeing as the original was one of Pixar’s lowest grossing movies. Throwing around huge numbers like 700m is just insanity.

No, not in the slightest. The original Incredibles is Pixar’s 4th biggest original out of 13 original movies behind IO, Nemo and Up, and places 8th overall. Adjusted, it’s at $385M. I agree $700M is insanity but $200M-$300M is just as much insanity if not even more so, especially considering the barren family market and only MU out of Pixar’s main 4 (TS, Nemo, Monsters and Incredibles) decreases From it’s predecessor and that was an unwanted prequel.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Also, you guys still haven't learned to stop taking @GraceRandolph seriously? He's a troll, I think that's fairly obvious at this point.

If Universal can market the higher stakes & finale factor properly, it should increase from FK.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Thats fair i guess. If FK somehow gets a stinky multiplier (sub 2,5 or so), than JW3 might have to pay for that, atleast domestically. Though the 3 years between them and a hypothetical killer marketing campaign could compensate that. All speculation at this point ofc.

And yes that he/she is a massive troll shoud be obvious for weeks now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

No, not in the slightest. The original Incredibles is Pixar’s 4th biggest original out of 13 original movies behind IO, Nemo and Up, and places 8th overall. Adjusted, it’s at $385M. I agree $700M is insanity but $200M-$300M is just as much insanity if not even more so, especially considering the barren family market and only MU out of Pixar’s main 4 (TS, Nemo, Monsters and Incredibles) decreases From it’s predecessor and that was an unwanted prequel.

The Incredibles might be the most beloved Pixar movie out of everyone of them - only Toy Story 1/2 or Finding Nemo are in the same category i think. Its not always only the theatralical business - 14 years worth of a generation discovering such a movie shoudnt ever be underestimated.

12 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Entirely depends on where they go with the setting/story imo. The ending of FK definetly allows for some very interesting directions. If the manage to deliver an epic spectacle, JW3 has no reason to go down from FK, if anything, it should go up.

I hope JW3 bring in some other big/well known names and some genuine celebrities to add up the grosses and intrigue. So far, Chris Pratt seems to be big name of this franchise. Wonder who would they bring next to help him out?

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Cool at Ocean's hitting 100M. Where do we think this one closes?

I'm thinking 130M. The TC loss on July 13 and Mamma Mia! the following weekend are going to prevent anything higher

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I hope JW3 bring in some other big/well known names and some genuine celebrities to add up the grosses and intrigue. So far, Chris Pratt seems to be big name of this franchise. Wonder who would they bring next to help him out?

Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum in a bigger role, Laura Dern.

Boom.

200M+ OW.

• Like 4

I really doubt JW3will increase, universal marketed increased stakes in JW2 too, Nevermind that the marketing was misleading. The direction they seem to be going for the third film is stupid and the years until the third film is released won’t be kind , when it comes to the GA perception of the second film. I see another sizable drop for the 3rd film (and then we will have all the people predicting an increase trying to convince us how great the 3rd film is doing).

9 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Thats fair i guess. If FK somehow gets a stinky multiplier (sub 2,5 or so), than JW3 might have to pay for that, atleast domestically. Though the 3 years between them and a hypothetical killer marketing campaign could compensate that. All speculation at this point ofc.

And yes that he/she is a massive troll shoud be obvious for weeks now.

Huge OW in SK, but very bad legs. In a decent amout of countries it will decrease. But I should also increase in a good amount of them.

Don't know if an increase is locked but given another 3 years of China growth it might get an increase WW. China will increase for sure.

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I really doubt JW3will increase, universal marketed increased stakes in JW2 too, Nevermind that the marketing was misleading. The direction they seem to be going for the third film is stupid and the years until the third film is released won’t be kind , when it comes to the GA perception of the second film. I see another sizable drop for the 3rd film (and then we will have all the people predicting an increase trying to convince us how great the 3rd film is doing).

If they keep the budget the same, everything over 1B is a big win for Universal.