CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

Looks like Incredibles could loose over 100M worth of its OW audience. Understandable, given its shlightly frontloaded nature (for an animated movie), the fact that it has burned of 270M worth of demand already and the heavy competition from JW2.

• Like 2

Just now, Jessie said:

Trolls?

Yes, those same trolls that didn't ask for a sequel to JW had it dropping over 50% in is opening weekend.

• Like 1

Just now, Brainbug said:

Looks like Incredibles could loose over 100M worth of its OW audience. Understandable, given its shlightly frontloaded nature (for an animated movie), the fact that it has burned of 270M worth of demand already and the heavy competition from JW2.

Well, it's playing like a record breaking sequel.  Also, it had a monstrous preview number so this drop seems pretty normal to me.  Then again, I'm not a PIXIE loonie.

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

All told, it’s still a fantastic weekend despite the drop. Hoped it would hold a little better than Dory but even at this point it’s easily going to become Pixar’s most attended movie to date.

• Like 2

Just now, baumer said:

Well, it's playing like a record breaking sequel.  Also, it had a monstrous preview number so this drop seems pretty normal to me.  Then again, I'm not a PIXIE loonie.

I feel a little bit sorry for @The Incredible Panda though, Incredibles might have a very hard time to reach 600M now.

• Like 1

And Jurassic World....I was a bit skeptical after ticket sales but man walks ups REALLY turned up for this. The monumental success of JW1 is still one of the biggest shocks in Box Office History, and I guess there’s still money in the tank. $400m may still be on the table.

I also say this as someone who LOATHED the first film. I’ll try to go into this with an open mind.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I feel a little bit sorry for @The Incredible Panda though, Incredibles might have a very hard time to reach 600M now.

Yes, so 600 is basically dead...imo.  It would need some really stellar holds to get there.

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Nice.

I think the weekend number will be $144m. Should end up $360m+ if that’s the weekend number. 

Yep, 144-146 should be the range.