CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Nah I think Black Panther will open at least $170M. 

Numbers just keep getting better for Fallen Kingdom!

As long as it has a really good hook I see 170-180mil in the cards as well. It will just have much worse legs with 2.6 at best is all. Fallen Kingdom would have hit 170mil with a better hook. 

22 hours ago, a2k said:

:ph34r:

59 (15.3+43.7)

51 (+16.7%)

40 (-21.6%)

= 150

:ph34r:

EDIT: being a bit too optimistic to counter 100 ow talks

61 (15.3+45.7)

54.5 (+19%)

44.5 (-18%)

= 160

Edited by a2k
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Despicable Me 3 still has the widest theater count ever with 4535 theaters....yet that film only opened at $72M. 😕

Ouch!

And why doesn’t other recent blockbuster movies expand their theater counts to beat DM3’s record? Are they not even trying? Lately there were no expansions but only drops for movies like IW, Deadpool 2 & Solo.

I don’t think they care, it’s not a record worth shouting about really 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Keeps getting better for JW2. 150+ is the target now. Now watch it stay flat on Saturday and 200+ will be beaten again :Venom:

Don't make me wish. I really do hope that the film goes crazy and somehow finds its way to a 160mil opening. 

2 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Piracy tends not to have much of an effect here. 

But might impact box office worldwide. Incredibles 2 is only released at around 30% of its international footprint so far.

Edited by TigerPaw

21 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Despicable Me 3 still has the widest theater count ever with 4535 theaters....yet that film only opened at $72M. 😕

Ouch!

And why doesn’t other recent blockbuster movies expand their theater counts to beat DM3’s record? Are they not even trying? Lately there were no expansions but only drops for movies like IW, Deadpool 2 & Solo.

Blockbusters don’t do as well as younger skewing films in small towns 

3 minutes ago, Quake said:

It is starting to behave like the first one now it also went up and up. This could even hit 160 million if saturday and sunday  keep up with these walkups. 

Basically impossible.  For it to hit 160, you would need a flat Saturday and that isn't going to happen.  Even if it hits 60 for Friday, that is really only 45.  Give it a very generous 20% bump on Saturday and a very modest 15% decline on Sunday and you have 160.  That's what it would have to do.  Not impossible, but highly unlikely.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Basically impossible.  For it to hit 160, you would need a flat Saturday and that isn't going to happen.  Even if it hits 60 for Friday, that is really only 45.  Give it a very generous 20% bump on Saturday and a very modest 15% decline on Sunday and you have 160.  That's what it would have to do.  Not impossible, but highly unlikely.

Yeah you are maybe right 155 million is definitely on the table though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Quake said:

Yeah you are maybe right 155 million is definitely on the table though. 

If it's on the table, it's veeeeeeeeeeeeery far out of reach. Not even JW holds get it there:

60M

51M (-15%)

41.8M (-18%)

152.8M Weekend

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I love how people will turn against audience scores when it's a movie they're stanning for but instantly use them in their favor when it's a movie they're rooting against.

cookie-lyon-gif.gif

Watch Crimes of Grindelwald's audience score take a hit because of the anti-Depp fans.

• Like 1