baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Solo is gonna be the Incredible Hulk of Star Wars movies. Lucasfilm will simply sweep it under a rug as if it never happened and that's it.

Yeah except the Incredible Hulk was one of the first MCU films before the MCU was fully established. If the MCU has an IH now then there would be a problem. Of course all this is simply wishful thinking from diehard sw fans. I can’t wait for ep9 to be released and watch the excuses fly ....

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Solo is gonna be the Incredible Hulk of Star Wars movies. Lucasfilm will simply sweep it under a rug as if it never happened and that's it.

you're kidding yourself though if you think this will have no effect on the planned movies. 

3 hours ago, Blankments said:

BTW @baumer, I wasn't fully into it, but I legit think you'd like Action Point. It's a pretty solid comedy with a surprising amount of heart and a cool retro feel

I might like it but Jackass was not my thing.  I'll be skipping this and seeing Upgrade instead.

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

It outsold Fandango’s previous record for most tickets in the first 24 hours. Which makes sense because Star Wars sales are pre-sale heavy.

Apparently, though, everyone forgot you can buy tickets after the first day of pre-sales, and can even walk up to the theater and buy them. 🤷‍♀️

It didn't came close to any record, it was not even the best sellers of 2018 (that was Avengers) let alone coming close to the previous Star Wars performance.

That was the news: 

“Solo” had the second-best first day of presales of the year, behind only “Avengers: Infinity War.” 

That show the power of the click-bait title, that what many remember (or I imagine most never did read the article and really thought Solo did break a  record).

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, A2k Rex said:

People say this Solo is too light and breezy. Bring a more visionary director to make it dark gritty and morose. Make Solo stop grinning and instead snap someone's neck.

i was gonna post a joke here but i'd get #banned

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

I'm seeing it tomorrow. Always down for a good survival flick.

Trust me on this, don't read anything about the true story.  Just go in knowing nothing.  

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

you're kidding yourself though if you think this will have no effect on the planned movies. 

Just the spin-offs that no one was actually clamoring for. #NothingOfValueWasLost

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

I might like it but Jackass was not my thing.  I'll be skipping this and seeing Upgrade instead.

I'm jealous lol, Upgrade isn't in my area. I would've seen that before either of the other releases this weekend.

Also super bummed I can't make it out to St. Louis because they're screening the Suspiria restoration :( And I would've caught either Upgrade or First Reformed with it

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, A2k Rex said:

That is a normal meme. Move on, find a new slant.

I've worked with it before and it's a very classy meme

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

less than 400m for a Star Wars film

yet many still claim "oh they'll just brush this off, it's just one movie"

Yeah right

also, it's locked to make less than Terminator Genitals as Emilia Clarke's highest grossing movie

I think this failure is a big deal. It's too big to ignore. If the film hit 600mil they would have been able to ignore it but you can't ignore an under 500mil, a potential under 400mil gross.

I don't see how Solo can just be swept under the rug and LF puts their fingers over their ears and just yells out fine fine fine. 

This is nothing like the early days of the MCU because unlike the MCU, I don't think LF actually knows where the fuck they're going to go from here. Aside from Episode 9, everything is up in the air with this franchise and unless they figure out a way to right the ship, this won't be the Incredible Hulk of the franchise. Kevin Feige had things planned out. He knew the direction he wanted to take the MCU in. Unless LF has a similar plan/course and we just don't know about it, there is nothing fine about Solo's box office results. 

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think this failure is a big deal. It's too big to ignore. If the film hit 600mil they would have been able to ignore it but you can't ignore an under 500mil, a potential under 400mil gross.

This is a normal failure. Move on, find a new slant. 

Edited by MrGamer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Just the spin-offs that no one was actually clamoring for. #NothingOfValueWasLost

Okay so without the spin offs what's next for Star Wars? Apart from Episode 9. 

Exactly. That's the difference between it and the early days of the MCU.