baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

3 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Not solo stealing 300K from IW. Its probably gonna take over 1-2 million from this weekend alone. Enough with the fudging Disney!

TBH, one time I had a discussion with Mario Kassar about this, yes, that Mario Kassar, and he said that "fudging" so to speak is done by all studios.  It's usually not for much in terms of dollars but it has been going on from the dawn of the box office and it's considered normal by the studios.  So it's not just SW or Disney, but it's a common industry practise.

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Oh year right. sorry Han. I just remembered Book Club. If I see something during the week it'll be Book Club. It looks super cute

Trash. You are why America is Trashmerica.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

TBH, one time I had a discussion with Mario Kassar about this, yes, that Mario Kassar, and he said that "fudging" so to speak is done by all studios.  It's usually not for much in terms of dollars but it has been going on from the dawn of the box office and it's considered normal by the studios.  So it's not just SW or Disney, but it's a common industry practise.

I know but it’s very annoying - specially if you’re a fan of box office and certain franchises/movies.  I want every dollar to be accounted for. It’s not fair to the fans and people involved with making the film. 

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Oceans 8 will probably be my second movie of the summer (with Tully being the first obviously) unless I see Solo or Avengers in the next few days 

You are seriously depriving yourself by not seeing AIW on the big screen. 

And as someone noted earlier, DP2 did in fact derail AIW's trajectory to over $700M domestic. 

• Like 1

Just now, PPZVGOS said:

You are seriously depriving yourself by not seeing AIW on the big screen. 

And as someone noted earlier, DP2 did in fact derail AIW's trajectory to over $700M domestic. 

you just reminded me that I've also seen Deadpool 2 :lol:

Just now, GraceRandolph said:

I know but it’s very annoying - specially if you’re a fan of box office and certain franchises/movies.  I want every dollar to be accounted for. It’s not fair to the fans and people involved with making the film. 

I'm pretty sure the people who maked the film couldn't care less about a few thousand dollars off the box office

Solo is looking at a 65% drop. I did mention earlier in this thread that I thought it would be closer to $30M than the early projections and I still think that will be the case. The drop isn't bad but it's certainly not good especially since it kept its premium screens. I thought it would hold a bit better as a result but alas what can we do. 

Deadpool 2 exceeded my expectations this weekend. It's looking at a 46-47% drop which is way better than the 60-65% drop I had for it lol I thought it was going to nose dive this weekend again. But I was wrong. Hopefully it can keep having strong weekdays and get some decent/nice late legs. Still sucks it won't reach $300M (Screw you flopolo) but that's the price Fox paid for being ambitious with its release date. 

IW is a monster. It's a shame that Disney is releasing it on digital so soon. They should keep it in and try to get it to $700M which I think it could do if they didnt have a digital release for it so soon. Similar thing happened to Black Panther although BP is prob gonna get to $700M if barely. 

Finally, screw you guys for turning this thread into another TLJ discussion. Literally no one gives a damn about how much you hated the movie. It's over and done with. We don't need to rehash the same damn argument over and over and over and go through the same exact problems with the movie almost every single day. We get it. You don't like it. But it makes these threads boring as fuck when someone comes in and has to scroll through pages and pages of the same discussion that they scrolled through the day before, and the day before that and the day before that...

Edited by Nova
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

See it with the oldest audience you can.  Part of the fun with it is being a teenager and laughing with old people at all the old people jokes

Upgrade and Adrift are bigger priorities (and Solo whenever I feel like seeing it with my dad)