baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Rewatched all the Jurassic Park movies in the last few days:

1. Jurassic Park, perfection greatest movie of all time

2. Jurassic World/The Lost World, I just can't chose fam sue me

50000. Jurassic Park 3, what in the actual ass was that

I'm going to re-watch all the Jurassics ahead of Fallen Kingdom, and I'm not gonna lie: I'm kinda dreading 3. I liked it as a kid, but I'm guessing it's not going to hold up at all.

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

And I'm sure they could have made those movies if this film had cost 90mil to make. Still will never get an answer on how many people were actually begging LF for a Solo film.

To be fair who exactly was begging Marvel for GOTG and Ant-Man movies before they came out?

• Like 1

Just now, Webslinger said:

I'm going to re-watch all the Jurassics ahead of Fallen Kingdom, and I'm not gonna lie: I'm kinda dreading 3. I liked it as a kid, but I'm guessing it's not going to hold up at all.

It's OK, just bland. Like JW to be honest. 

LOST WORLD might be Spielberg's worst directed movie.

• Like 1

Jurassic Park 3 is such a weird movie; I've seen people complain about the behavior of the dinosaurs in World, but the ones in 3 are basically psychopathic murderers out to dissect human beings. The Spinosaurus is Jason from Friday the 13th who's ninja stalking skills are impeded by a cell phone in its stomach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Jurassic Park 3 is such a weird movie; I've seen people complain about the behavior of the dinosaurs in World, but the ones in 3 are basically psychopathic murderers out to dissect human beings. The Spinosaurus is Jason from Friday the 13th who's ninja stalking skills are impeded by a cell phone in its stomach.

The viral marketing for Fallen Kingdom revealed the Spino was a hybrid designed to kill like Indominus lol 

• Haha 1

Just now, RRA said:

To be fair who exactly was begging Marvel for GOTG and Ant-Man movies before they came out?

Those movies were hits and both will make more than Solo worldwide. So obviously more people were asking for them than were asking for Solo. 

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

Jurassic Park 3 is short so it’s got that going for it

and it doesn't have this guy

JP3 has very unlikable characters but JP2 takes the cake in that regard imo.

11 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Jurassic Park 3 is an absolute disaster but I laughed and shit posted a lot during it on WhatsApp. I am wondering why the hell did I burned 25€ on the 4K UHD of it tho. Even the transfer is not all that great, Universal was probably in a rush to get them all out by late May and they looked at JP3 and said "fuck it, ship it, nobody is gonna rewatch JP3 anyway".

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

True. I can't even imagine a live action tentpole sequel going out with a 90-odd-minute running time and not incurring destructively negative advance buzz these days.

Just now, CJohn said:

Jurassic Park 3 is an absolute disaster but I laughed and shit posted a lot during it on WhatsApp. I am wondering I the hell did I burned 25€ on the 4K UHD of it tho. Even the transfer is not all that great, Universal was probably in a rush to get them all out by late May and they looked at JP3 and said "fuck it, ship it, nobody is gonna rewatch JP3 anyway".

The 4K releases are huge disappointments. The first Jurassic Park especially they can’t seem to get right on home video. Only JW looks great 

5 minutes ago, DAR said:

1 minute ago, Webslinger said:

True. I can't even imagine a live action tentpole sequel going out with a 90-odd-minute running time and not incurring destructively negative advance buzz these days.

The plot lot was originally more complex but they scrapped it in favor of the more simpler plot just a few weeks before filming 

“The new take on Jurassic Park III featured a story involving Pteranodon escaping from Site B and causing a spate of mysterious killings on the mainland, which was to be investigated by Alan Grant and a number of other characters including Billy Brennan, a naturalist named Simone, a tough military attaché, wealthy Paul Roby, and Roby's teenage son Miles. Grant's group crash-lands on the island, while a parallel investigation is being carried out on the mainland. The aviary sequence and laboratory set piece were initially much longer and more complex, including Velociraptor stealthily entering the hatchery as the team spends the night there. Sets, costumes, and props were built for this version, and a total of $18 million was spent until, just 5 weeks prior to shooting, both Johnston and Spielberg decided they were dissatisfied with this idea.”

http://www.warpedfactor.com/2015/06/10-things-you-might-not-know-about.html?m=1

Yeah it's been a while since I've seen the Jurassic Park films but I think I enjoyed 3 more than 2 from memory? Both were bad but not too terrible that they've stuck with me. 

Probably will rewatch Jurassic World before Fallen Kingdom now that film I definitely haven't seen since I saw it in cinemas.