baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

yeah, but that one had good legs, this one i don't think it will have that privilege

The end of the summer is quite dead. Especially for the demo that it's serving. The only way it won't have good legs is if its a turd. And even still....the first made $615M WW. If the sequel retains 70% of its audience that would put it at $430M WW or in other words $30M+ more than Han Solo and a higher placement than it on the year end charts :ph34r:

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Nova said:

The end of the summer is quite dead. Especially for the demo that it's serving. The only way it won't have good legs is if its a turd. And even still....the first made $615M WW. If the sequel retains 70% of its audience that would put it at $430M WW or in other words $30M+ more than Han Solo 

This summer end is really strong  imo. Big competition unlike last summer

24 minutes ago, Alli said:

Interesting. why so low. I don't believe in @That One Guy's 60M prediction either, but 33M seems too low

It's right in the middle of tracking, and the ad push is on the same level as Tomb Raider.

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I've somehow convinced my friend group of teenage boys to see Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again with me on opening night.  Probably my proudest achievement in life.

You really should watch the first movie. You have no idea what kind of shit you're getting into.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alli said:

This summer end is really strong  imo. Big competition unlike last summer

What is the big competition for a movie like Mamma Mia 2 to end the summer though? The only film on there that might effect it is Crazy Rich Asians. 

Edited by Nova

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

To my knowledge I'm the only one in my friend group who isn't completely straight (they don't know that tho!) :ph34r: 

Mamma Mia will convert them to your side.  It has Cher after all  :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's right in the middle of tracking, and the ad push is on the same level as Tomb Raider.

what do you think about Ghostbuster's 46M?   How was that tracking? people were expecting a bomb OW, but it surprised a little

Edited by Alli

Just now, Alli said:

what do you think about Ghostbuster's 46M?   How was that tracking? people were expecting a momg OW, but it surprised a little

I was on board the 50-60M train for that. There was definitely more hype for that than O8

• Like 1

Just now, Nova said:

What is the big competition for a movie like Mamma Mia 2 to end the summer? The only film on there that might effect it is Crazy Rich Asians. 

you are right. the battle is for the male demo. females are underserved

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

You really should watch the first movie. You have no idea what kind of shit you're getting into.

Shit? Liiiies. It is a two hour tourist video for the Greek Isles set to ABBA; and it features some of the more whack performances in Streep and Brosnan’s careers. It is a masterpiece

Edited by captainwondyful
Lolol. Sorry. Wrong actor. Chadwick’s not in this. Though that would be fun
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, KeepItU25071906 said:

honestly, I don't see even 35 mln, comparatively pre-sales.

do we have pre-sales report for MM2?  

seems more like a walk-up movie tho, even tho women are more likely to but tickets in advance. hmmmm

Try to imagine a movie releasing DOM and reaching $1.564B, beating The Force Awakens by 70%!

That's what happened in brazil in local currency: Avengers IW beat the previous record, The Avengers 2, by 70% and it's not even over yet!

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2