baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

Just now, Mekanos said:

The only reason I ever heard of Grace Randolph is because of people talking about how bad she is. Schadenfreude won't make me click one of those videos.

I watched one last week because I was somehow unaware of her.  That was more than enough.  

You can have opinions and be wrong (I notably have had some recently) and there is nothing wrong with that, but on the box office side and the analysis is so far off.  It also is petty and the worst of fanboy-ish hoping for people and movies to fail and reveling in it.  Click bait bullshit.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Lol.

As one of the replies says:

"If Grace Randolph hates something, there's a pretty good chance it's exceptional. She is a dolt."

Edited by feasby007
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nova said:

He's probably one of the more insightful box office people to follow. He makes silly mistakes in his blog but when it comes to the numbers, he actually considers a lot of factors before being all doom and gloom or being over enthusiastic. He's also pretty good with multipliers for films. He also doesn't jump up on the hype machine for a movie just because. I've mentioned this before but he's probably the only person who writes for a credible website, that said he didn't feel Solo had the hype behind it to open where the trades had it opening at. I don't know if I'm giving him too much credit for things cause like I said his blog can be a mess at times but not when it comes to the numbers lol Scott has one of the few box office blogs I actually bother reading. 

tenor.gif

9 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Lol.

She is probably right in saying that its an awful movie. Thats the case with nearly everything ”high-brow” - specially if @La Binoche endorses it. Thankfully we live in a FRANCHISE world where only good and high budget movies make an impact. 

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

As one of the replies says:

"If Grace Randolph hates something, there's a pretty good chance it's exceptional. She is a dolt."

Yep.  That is Drew McWeeney saying it in the reply.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

She is probably right in saying that its an awful movie. Thats the case with nearly everything ”high-brow” - specially if @La Binoche endorses it. Thankfully we live in a FRANCHISE world where only good and high budget movies make an impact. 

You mean like A Quiet Place making nearly $400m on a $17m budget?

I was hoping you were actually Grace so I could mock you more often.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Yep.  That is Drew McWeeney saying it in the reply.  

Assuming you've seen it or some preview of it, is Hereditary actually worth watching for someone who's not a massive fan of horror? The 98% is fantastic, but the 8.9 rating is what stuck out!

(btw, I thoroughly enjoyed A Quiet Place, if that helps)

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Who's the culprit responsible for even bringing Grace to this forum? I was perfectly content not knowing of her existence prior to her becoming a thing around here. 

i think because she's like the only popular-ish youtuber who does box office videos and a fair few people here love all those idiot film critic youtubers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

You mean like A Quiet Place making nearly $400m on a $17m budget?

I was hoping you were actually Grace so I could mock you more often.  

Their opinions are so damn close in terms of their ridiculousness that you can still mock away 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

So if the world ended right now, my $600M prediction for Deadpool 2 would be right on the mark. 

Moving to Hogwarts cause I'm a damn wizard with my predictions! 

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Who's the culprit responsible for even bringing Grace to this forum?

The guy who hated her enough to create an account here, just to get more people to join his hate train. That includes dumb comments that people take seriously somehow.