Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

4 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Solo had a shit OW and I see it ending up with average legs with a 2.5 multiplier. Final gross will be around $211m DOM.

The super low OS numbers are going to kill it more than anything. Nobody saw those numbers coming. This is a an utter rejection by the international audience.

do you ever..... just say anything good about the film? What's the point of bashing it all the time..

Edited by Chad Stevens

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Thank you! The Myth of Solo being released in a bad spot NEEDS to end right now. I remember when BvS fans claimed that it had a bad release date too. And whats killing it overseas? People don't have a fake explanation for that one.

you could end your hatred and endless trashing of SOLO right now also. 

5 minutes ago, Chad Stevens said:

I haven't seen Solo so I have no opinion of the film one way or the other.

This is a box office forum. It is for talking about box office. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Chad Stevens said:

They're not trashing it lol its just this is a box office forum and facts are facts Solo got rejected overseas and domestically its not really anything to write home about

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chad Stevens said:

How can this be defined "hatred" though? People analyse the situation in context, and the context is the BO numbers. Nobody is saying anything bad or "hateful" about the movie. Sure, the ugly BO numbers have reasons to be what they are: so people speculate about those. If they not in this forum about BO numbers, where else should they do it, and what else should they be talking about, here?

5 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

They're not trashing it lol its just this is a box office forum and facts are facts Solo got rejected overseas and domestically its not really anything to write home about

it is the top 7 film of 2018 DOM. How is that rejected? 

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, Chad Stevens said:

it is the top 7 film of 2018 DOM. How is that rejected? 

Give it by the end of the year and it'll be out of the top 10. Either way box office is all relative. For a Star Wars movie, Solo was pretty much ignored across the board. No one can explain their way out that one. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

Give it by the end of the year and it'll be out of the top 10. Either way box office is all relative. For a Star Wars movie, Solo was pretty much ignored across the board. No one can explain their way out that one. 

Also dropping 50+% domestically from fellow spin-off Rogue One seems like a not so good thing to me. I mean only a few were inexplicably expecting 500mil so most weren't expecting that much but damn near every one thought it had around 350mil in the bag, domestically and internationally. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

Adrift was a freaking fantastic movie. Hope it can still make it to 30-35M domestically, and that it can pick up overseas. Saw it twice now, and it was even better the second time. Really recommend it to anyone who hasn't yet caught it. 

Some people said Deadpool 2 had a bad release date too, in fact one person was going on and on and on about it. With Solo's disappointing run, it was in fact an excellent date OS (I mean, if FOX really wanted to release it between an Avengers, SW and JW movie...) with three weeks all alone in some countries before the dino invasion.

There is no good release date but what good movies make. :sarah:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

what's most shocking is that it's not an emoji here yet.

Yea I thought you had a bet? I thought when the site was going through its update I'd come back and see it as an emoji but nope 

MODS FIX THIS! 

• Like 1

Just now, MrGlass2 said:

Some people said Deadpool 2 had a bad release date too, in fact one person was going on and on and on about it. With Solo's disappointing run, it was in fact an excellent date OS (I mean, if FOX really wanted to release it between an Avengers, SW and JW movie...) with three weeks all alone in some countries before the dino invasion.

There is no good release date but what good movies make. :sarah:

Yep, I thought Deadpool's release date would kill it. Turns out, I was wrong. Not difficult for me to admit at all.

• Like 1