Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, Chad Stevens said:

it is the top 7 film of 2018 DOM. How is that rejected? 

"International audiences rejected Solo"

"It is the top 7 film of 2018 domestically. how is that rejected?"

I umm don't think you thought this one out completely.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

"International audiences rejected Solo"

"It is the top 7 film of 2018 domestically. how is that rejected?"

I umm don't think you thought this one out completely.

It's actually #5 closing in on #4. However if you switch to worldwide it drops to #12.

1 minute ago, Talkie said:

I still can't believe they chose that guy to play Han Solo. He must have some deeply-hidden charisma that's apparent only to studio executives. 

He's good in the movie and he's been good in the other projects of his I've seen, so it's not that baffling.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

He's good in the movie and he's been good in the other projects of his I've seen, so it's not that baffling.

He's good in one movie and he's okay in this one, but just doesn't really scream han solo in any way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Is 315+mil in the cards for Deadpool 2?

needs to add 2.6-2.7x the 4th weekend for 315+. as such possible but i2 and jw2 back to back will make it close.

this same weekend last year potc5 did 10.7 and added 2.45x the weekend toit's cume. it was it's 3rd weekend though as opposed to dp2's 4th.

dp1 in a different calendar added 3.13x the 4th weekend to it's cume (made 52.5 more after 16.725 weekend). considering in feb/march weekends are a big portion of the week's gross opposed to summer, that 3.13x is is bigger than it seems. so dp2 to add 2.6-2.7x it's 4th weekend in summer is far from impossible just the compteition is huge.

Edited by A2k Saurus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Talkie said:

I still can't believe they chose that guy to play Han Solo. He must have some deeply-hidden charisma that's apparent only to studio executives. 

None of the rumored choices were exciting, and some were positively dire. He was probably the best choice from the particular pool they were fishing from.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orestes said:

None of the rumored choices were exciting, and some were positively dire. He was probably the best choice from the particular pool they were fishing from.

He is Man.  He is present.

• Haha 1

I like how almost no one brought up inflation for infinity wars opening weekend but people won't shut up about it in regards to Oceans 8 and Black Panther.

Edited by YLF