Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

Solo had a shit OW and I see it ending up with average legs with a 2.5 multiplier. Final gross will be around $211m DOM.

The super low OS numbers are going to kill it more than anything. Nobody saw those numbers coming. This is a an utter rejection by the international audience.

• Like 1

I wish upgrade was doing better. What a phenomenal film. Still surprised how good it was for that budget. What are these "blockbusters" doing spending 200M and looking like shit. I loved black panther but will not forgive marvel for not making sure all the VFX were perfect before releasing it to theaters. 

• Like 3

Solo, 11.3 OS-Japan weekend for 136.1 cume.

So 160 OS-J at most considering FK will continue to hurt and I2 is around the corner. Then 215 dom gives 375 ww-Japan.

The 25 that Solo would need from Japan for 400 ww is a 30% drop from RO's 36. Achievable if Japan acts like an outlier but sub-20 total there is liklier.

As such it doesn't make any tangible difference to Solo whether it does 390 ww or 405 ww, but the prod budget and global cume both being in the 300+ range makes it appear that much worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

DP2 should hit 700M WW too, no? That OS drop this weekend was shocking good, going up against Jurassic World.

locked to hit 700. had a 32.2 ww weekend (18.5 os + 13.7 dom) and is 44.7 away from 700. 

giving worse legs os due to fk and i2, it should bring in around 30 each dom and os for 715 ww if not more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, oMeriMombatti said:

I thought BP budget was 200M and CA:CW 250M.

I do not think we ever got clue for any of those movies budget right ?
They are both : We have absolutely no idea, except we can probably take Feige word for it if he say BP did cost more, not sure why he would lie about that.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Deadpool 2 should be hitting 300m DOM now.

And Deadpool fans should be breathing a sigh of relief because that was looking unlikely after the 2nd weekend drop.

Well, sorry to say I told you so...but.....

Some blockbusters have such a rush to them that they inevitably drop hard the second weekend.....same thing happened to Homecoming.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Solo's hold this weekend was decent, but it's probably its last shot to really have a decent hold. Oof at OS. 

solo's been lucky with competition so far. 

dp2's 43.5 2nd weekend during the ow.

adrift and upgrade did 16 combined in solo's 2nd weekend.

o8 and heriditary brought sub-55 combined this weekend.

for summer that's a steal.

but now i2 and jw2 back to back could cause some damage.

1 hour ago, A2k Saurus said:

solo's been lucky with competition so far. 

dp2's 43.5 2nd weekend during the ow.

adrift and upgrade did 16 combined in solo's 2nd weekend.

o8 and heriditary brought sub-55 combined this weekend.

for summer that's a steal.

but now i2 and jw2 back to back could cause some damage.

I laugh ugh when people say Solo had a “bad release” date. It had two weeks of no competition besides the R rated Deadpool and even the third week will be boosted by double features with Incredibles 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I laugh ugh when people say Solo had a “bad release” date. It had two weeks of no competition besides the R rated Deadpool and even the third week will be boosted by double features with Incredibles 

Thank you! The Myth of Solo being released in a bad spot NEEDS to end right now. I remember when BvS fans claimed that it had a bad release date too. And whats killing it overseas? People don't have a fake explanation for that one.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Also Disney staked that date out forever ago and refused to move even when they didn't get a trailer out til Feb. Wasn't thrust upon them

• Like 5