Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

21 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

You're asking for 150-170 for FK when I2 might be a lock for over 100 next weekend, maybe as high as 115 depending how high it goes this weekend. That is a huge difference vs the JW/IO weekend (i.e. 90m and 105m). 

Woah. If I2 lands around 170. Then I see it’s second closer to 90m for starters.   Still a great hold. 100+ would be stunning.  

Also also I said adjusted.  Tracking still at 130-140. I feel it will break out beyond that...

Saw the movie with my son at a 4 pm show in a Big D auditorium (former Carmike cinema now an AMC). Alot of people came out of the 1 pm show. More than ended up in our 4 pm show. The line for the 7 pm show was quite long. Wonder if dinner interfered a little with the 4 pm time (it was still probably 60-65% full in a very large auditorium).

Very good movie. Just really fun to watch. Basically a super hero movie with a strong family component. Best Pixar sequel outside of the TS sequel's imo.

It should do extremely well in the GA due to a not too long run time, and an easy, fun to watch film.

The animation is beautiful. No post credit scene but worth staying for a min or two of the credits as that is really well rendered. 

If you made me place a bet on it I would say this is more likely to affect JW:FK than the reverse (though both will survive fine). i've learned my lesson there. If a film opens huge and then another big film is opening right after - it is more often the 2nd film affected, not the first.

The idea of FK being a 100M film is silly to me. Got to be in the 125-150 range. But the mediocre (and more gothic) ad campaign as well as what seems to be mediocre WOM WW to this point suggests it is unlikely to open to over 150 imo.

Will be fun to see what the numbers are Sunday afternoon. I would expect very good holds for this movie.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

Woah. If I2 lands around 170. Then I see it’s second closer to 90m for starters.   Still a great hold. 100+ would be stunning.  

Also also I said adjusted.  Tracking still at 130-140. I feel it will break out beyond that...

11 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

A $90m second week with Jurassic World doing $150m?

2 minutes ago, L Silverman said:

Just an observation- I2 was the first movie this summer that the audience clapped at the end of the picture.  In my theater at least.

Saw it a 2pm est today....the theater was 80% full. We also had a good bit of clapping. Haven't seen that at an animation flick since TS3.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ocho said:

Saw it a 2pm est today....the theater was 80% full. We also had a good bit of clapping. Haven't seen that at an animation flick since TS3.

People were excited in mine, they even cheered at the little intro Pixar made to say “Enjoy Incredibles 2!”

• Like 1