Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

I2 was great. Pacing issues, but Jack Jack tho. The theater did in fact spoil the climax, but at least it was just superficial. 

You guys clearly didnt pray, I got no Spiderman. I got HT3, Dragon 3, Ralph 2, C Rob, and old Grinch.

C Rob brought down the house, people would not be quiet. Best post trailer reaction ive seen in quite a long time, especially for a non-comedy. Yall probably assume im bias but idgaf, the Ralph trailer ended with a dud. The princesses didnt get noticable a reaction. It was mainly CR and HT3. I’m sure Ralph will still be a big hit though, not disputing that.

Doesnt feel like its been 14 years but it was worth the wait. Hoepfully theyll wait another 14 so I can finally take my own kid, then release I4 14 years after that so they can take me.

Oh and dad really liked it, but like the first better. He still walked out with smiles.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, The Incredible Panda said:

I noticed at my theater people reacted to WIR2 (mostly the princess bit).

Of course you couldnt wait 3 minutes without contradicting me. 

(Yall chill my tone isnt serious)

Just now, Jandrew said:

Of course you couldnt wait 3 minutes without contradicting me. 

(Yall chill my tone isnt serious)

It wasn’t a total contradiction, I also think we can put our own biases in listening to how audiences react to things.

The princess bit is what’s gotten people talking about WIR2, if you look online any discussion about it centers around the princess crossover.  It’ll definitely be a major selling point.

As for CR, I’m thinking it has a shot at 300m DOM rn

Doesn’t mean much but Incredibles sold out its early shows at my theatre tonight. Since previews last night we’rent “incredible” we don’t actually have the screen space for it to hit our equivalent of 70M for the day even if the late night show sells out completely.

Bodes well though 

I sat stonefaced through most of the trailers. Do have to admit the audience reacted a bit to the princesses. Their place in the trailer is an obvious move to get a fangasm. 

There was also a bit of chatter at LeBron James' voice credit in Smallfoot. 

Edited by tribefan695

6 minutes ago, The Incredible Panda said:

It wasn’t a total contradiction, I also think we can put our own biases in listening to how audiences react to things.

The princess bit is what’s gotten people talking about WIR2, if you look online any discussion about it centers around the princess crossover.  It’ll definitely be a major selling point.

As for CR, I’m thinking it has a shot at 300m DOM rn

I put my bias aside, but I honestly didnt hear anything. I was actually confused, thought all the little girls would be like omgggg Elsaaa. Was also expecting ooh and ahhs at the PP. Guess my crowd is just lame. 

The night belonged to HT3 and C Rob easily. Grinch had chatter but nothing remarkable. 

1 minute ago, FTF said:

What happened to EC?

he's banned for a month for being "mean" to other members I think? I wasn't apart of the thread that it happened in. but he apparently wasn't being nice. It sucks because he's the only insider that consistently updates us with numbers. RTH is great but only gives numbers every so often. EC is way more active.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, The Incredible Panda said:

I noticed at my theater people reacted to CR and WIR2 (mostly the princess bit).

Cross posting from Crowd Report:

I got three Disney trailers at my showing.  

Nutcracker: No reactions, everyone was still talking amongst themselves.

Christopher Robin: People stopped talking once they realized it was Pooh.  It was a total 180.  This movie is gonna break out, folks.  Even the teenage boys behind me were eating it up.  So many "Awws" and "That was adorable."

Wreck-It-Ralph 2: Few laughs, but the Princesses got the biggest reaction.

• Like 3