Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

19 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

That's too harsh on both of them imo. Frozen 2 is the sequel to one of, if not the biggest pop culture juggernaut of this decade, and sequels to big original (Frozen wasn't really original, but you get what I mean) animated movies tend to be giants. Especially since F2 comes out on Thanksgiving, and it doesn't really have any competition throughout the remains of 2019. Call Of The Wind comes out on Christmas Day, but I don't see that appealing to the same audience as F2. Wonder Woman 1984 could take away some female interest, but it's still Frozen, so they'll cooperate just fine.

And while I agree that TS4 won't make 400, sub-300 is a stretch, even if it is an unnecessary sequel. TS3 is one of the most famous and beloved Pixar films of all time, so while 4 won't make as much, it'll still open north of 90 and leg it to 300+, as I don't see it having Cars sequels-type legs (unless it really sucks).

Frozen 2 has some competition (WW1984, Sonic, 2manji (if Sony needs it), and Call Of The Wild) but it’ll still be big but the reason why I have Frozen 2 so low is because I believe Frozen has lost some of it’s luster thanks to an overbundance (OFA wasn’t well liked) and perhaps ability to appeal to boys as well throughout the years via merchandising. However I admit it’s probably a stretch.

As for TS4, the competition is going to hurt it badly. Especially when both Aladdin and Pets 2 shortly before it not to mention it feels unnecessary. If quality isn’t on the level of the first 3, I honestly think sub $300M will happen. Thinking it’ll get to $305M-$330M. $350M at best.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

More like the same math that lowballs Disney films all the fucking time and usually faceplants hard in the wake of huge hits. You get one or two wins every now, but those aside, you rarely even come up close. Why the fuck would I2 stop at 400 when its got Summer weekdays, A+ CS, four-quad appeal and no competition coming off a 175+ opening?

FK is no competition?   :mouthdropped:

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

I2 is not making less than 180 m OW.

Today is Father's Day.

And no critically acclaimed Pixar movie gets sub-3x legs.

In fact, with I2's WOM and buzz, 4x is much more likely.

Your 170/400 m prediction might've gotten traction on Friday morning but we know better at this point.

FWIW, I didn't say I2 was going to fall short of $400m. And as I've said, I'm waving the I2 banner, so I hope you're right. 

GHOSTB 21.0 (-54%) 2nd weekend, 86.3 cume. Added 2x the 2nd weekend more to it's cume for 86.3 + 2*21 = 128.3 dom

Ocean's8 19.6 (-53%) 2nd weekend, 79.2 cume. A little better than GHOSTB legs gives 79.2 + 2.2*19.6 = 122.3 dom