Eric Loves Rey

Tuesday Numbers l JW2 $18.4M

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

uhhh I'm pretty sure untagged spoilers still aren't allowed.

The movie has been out for over 2 months....

This isn’t directed at you FYI lol Just confused as to how a film that’s been out for as long as IW has been out still needs to have spoilers tagged. If someone hasn’t seen IW by now then I’m sure they have no intention of seeing it. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I don’t know if IW was divisive but I certainly thought it was boring and it was definitely pointless given Disney’s upcoming release schedule.

It also created a huge vacuum in the May release schedule.  Only if they furthered the vacuum and moved DP2 after Solo's OW, and released a few $200m budget flops during May instead.

28 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I don’t know if IW was divisive but I certainly thought it was boring and it was definitely pointless given Disney’s upcoming release schedule.

It’s not. It has insanely high audience scores on almost every platform even the snootier leaning letterboxd still has it at a 4.0/5. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, mathemetrics said:

this forum and this summer box office year have the feeling of becoming disassembled every time a major tentpole opens.  This summer is surely different without getting to bank on 100m budget movies opening back to back every weekend.  It seems the summer blockbusters are scattered throughout the year, and so far this year, IW, Solo, and Jurassic World have been divisive. 

IW metrics: 

A cinemascore 

8.8/10 IMDB 

8.6/10 audience score on MC

91% audience score on RT 

4.0/5.0 average on letterboxd 

If that’s divisive then I would say Solo is outright HATED and TLJ is like idk somewhere below hated. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

IW metrics: 

A cinemascore 

8.8/10 IMDB 

8.6/10 audience score on MC

91% audience score on RT 

4.0/5.0 average on letterboxd 

If that’s divisive then I would say Solo is outright HATED and TLJ is like idk somewhere below hated. 

Yep, infinity war is a beloved classic already , how the hell is it divisive ? I mean I get not liking it, I hate movies that are universally beloved but I won’t go around calling them divisive because I don’t like them. 

36 minutes ago, Nova said:

The movie has been out for over 2 months....

This isn’t directed at you FYI lol Just confused as to how a film that’s been out for as long as IW has been out still needs to have spoilers tagged. If someone hasn’t seen IW by now then I’m sure they have no intention of seeing it. 

The rule is no spoilers untagged until it's on digital in the US

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Thrylos 7 said:

Yep, infinity war is a beloved classic already , how the hell is it divisive ? I mean I get not liking it, I hate movies that are universally beloved but I won’t go around calling them divisive because I don’t like them. 

Classic is taking things too far cause it literally just came out 2 months ago but clearly it's NOT divisive. Unless your definition of divisive is just.. one person somewhere on earth having a negative opinion about a movie. 

But to compare to Solo and JW2 which both have very mediocre ratings on RT, IMDB, and Letterboxd is just stupid af.

A movie that opens to 257M and still manages to get a 2,6 multi without the help of christmas holidays CLEARLY has divisive WOM :qotd:

Infinity War is beloved. End of discussion. It woundt have made the kind of money it made (and still makes), if the reception would be divisive.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Classic is taking things too far cause it literally just came out 2 months ago but clearly it's NOT divisive. Unless your definition of divisive is just.. one person somewhere on earth having a negative opinion about a movie. 

But to compare to Solo and JW2 which both have very mediocre ratings on RT, IMDB, and Letterboxd is just stupid af.

Yeah maybe I took things  a bit far but I feel it is a superior blockbuster film that seems like a small miracle , all things considered and how difficult it seemed that this could actually work, on paper. 

Edited by Thrylos 7

Even if you don't want to take RT scores that seriously cause of troll campaigns or whatever, I think letterboxd is a pretty good place to look for opinions. Even The Last Jedi was not downvoted on that site at all really (still has like a 3.7/5). IW has a 4.0, Solo is at 3.3 and JW2 is at 2.8 lol. 

11 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The rule is no spoilers untagged until it's on digital in the US

Is this for every movie or just IW? Just wondering so I know for the future. I know there were different rules (I think it was like 2-3 weeks) so not sure if it changed all together or just for IW 

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

Is this for every movie or just IW? Just wondering so I know for the future. I know there were different rules (I think it was like 2-3 weeks) so not sure if it changed all together or just for IW 

Every film. There are different rules for the individual threads. If I remember right after 4 weeks in the Movie's dedicated thread (or maybe that was 2 months) you can un-tag them. But forum wide has been home-video / digital for quite a while.

• Thanks 1

1 % Change from Last Wknd
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Universal $62,000,000 $267,900,000 -58%
Incredibles 2 Disney / Pixar $47,100,000 $441,400,000 -41%
Uncle Drew Lionsgate / Summit $16,000,000 $16,000,000 NEW
Sicario: Day of the Soldado Sony / Columbia $14,000,000 $14,000,000 NEW
Ocean’s 8 Warner Bros. $8,000,000 $114,400,000 -31%
Tag Warner Bros. $5,400,000 $40,500,000 -35%
Deadpool 2 Fox $3,300,000 $310,100,000 -37%
Solo: A Star Wars Story Disney / Lucasfilm $2,600,000 $207,500,000 -42%
Hereditary A24 $2,300,000 $39,500,000 -37%
Avengers: Infinity War Disney / Marvel $1,700,000 $672,800,000 -34%
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Even if you don't want to take RT scores that seriously cause of troll campaigns or whatever, I think letterboxd is a pretty good place to look for opinions. Even The Last Jedi was not downvoted on that site at all really (still has like a 3.7/5). IW has a 4.0, Solo is at 3.3 and JW2 is at 2.8 lol. 

People call Hereditary divisive but that has a 4 on Letterboxd too.

Opinions are opinions. 

After breaking TFA's ow record, IW could not have legged it the way it did if it were divisive to the GA.

MCU three-qeuls : aiw ~2.64x, thor3 2.58x, im3 2.35x, ca3 2.29x

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

People call Hereditary divisive but that has a 4 on Letterboxd too.

Opinions are opinions. 

I mean that had a D cinemascore so obviously no one measure is 100%. But you can look across the board and there is literally no standard in which IW has divisive WOM. That's just stupid.