Eric Loves Rey

Tuesday Numbers l JW2 $18.4M

18.4M and 13.7M = 32.1M total between Incredibles 2 and Fallen Kingdom on a weekday. :wacko:

Hard to tell with weekdays where films are headed. I'm curious to see how the two films fall this weekend. Won't necessarily know much about Jurassic World's long term legs even with this weekend's gross. 

Peace,

Mike

Looks to me like I2 will only end up #9 on the domestic chart. A great overall number, but does seems like an OW fueled by superhero fans is leading to more of a (strong) superhero multi than an animated multi.

3 hours ago, a2k said:

I2 had jumped 14.5% on 1st Tue. How the hell did JW2 jump 25%!

Well for starters I2 made around 9M more on its first Monday then JW2. 14.5% is insane itself when many other films drop after making that much on their first Monday. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, not gonna lie, I2 falling behind Dory in dailies already is making me a bit concerned about the multi for the first time. :ph34r:

I think not enough credit is given to JW2 here. Hard to hit ceilings when you have another huge grosser in the market. Maybe there will be course correction this weekend 

Edited by The Fast and the Furiosa
  • Like 2

Well, Incredibles 2 was also behind Finding Dory last Thursday but it ended up having a (slightly) better weekend.  It's pretty clear now that it skews much older than your typical animation (well, the demographic breakdown on OW already pointed towards that). That is why I think that  pattern of Dory having bigger weedays and I2 having bigger weekends will continue, at least until their respective fourth weekends after which I2 will be bigger on both (since it won't have as much competition as SLOP was to Dory).

JW2's number is pretty good but I still see it missing $400m. It'll probably land somewhere around DH2/ROTS (~380m).

• Like 6

this forum and this summer box office year have the feeling of becoming disassembled every time a major tentpole opens.  This summer is surely different without getting to bank on 100m budget movies opening back to back every weekend.  It seems the summer blockbusters are scattered throughout the year, and so far this year, IW, Solo, and Jurassic World have been divisive. 

2 minutes ago, mathemetrics said:

this forum and this summer box office year have the feeling of becoming disassembled every time a major tentpole opens.  This summer is surely different without getting to bank on 100m budget movies opening back to back every weekend.  It seems the summer blockbusters are scattered throughout the year, and so far this year, IW, Solo, and Jurassic World have been divisive. 

IW was divisive?  :thinking:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

IW was divisive?  :thinking:

Why of course. I’ve spent countless hours arguing with others about how it’s all Starlord’s fault only to be told that it was Dr. Strange and Iron Man’s fault. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4