Eric Loves Rey

Tuesday Numbers l JW2 $18.4M

Tuesday may have been the result of "free" tickets.  Atom had a huge deal all weekend ($8 off prebuy tickets for any movie) and cheap Tuesday would make those tickets a free and easy prebuy call for someone who may or may not have wanted to see this.  In addition, there were a bunch of $10 off Fandango tickets (just for JW: FK) from previous promotions (this is what I still have) that also made Tuesday presale tickets free, even with Fandango charges...And, as people mentioned, cheap Tuesday is for those folks who want to see opening weekend, but are too cheap to do so...so, it becomes a defacto 4th day of OW...

So, like I wouldn't read much into Monday, I wouldn't read much into Tuesday...I think this weekend will show much more for legs...for now, I'm not convinced this movie will have them, but I'm not really in the demo or interest group, so I admit my gut is probably not the best to trust:)...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Not really said:

I feel like we're gonna have this roller coaster with JW2's performance until the 4th weekend. 

JW2's box office will be like roller coaster, arriving at the platform safely in the end after all, it's making 400m and billion+ worldwide

• Like 7

As I stated yesterday, Tuesdays are much better now than 3 years ago (the pattern we have seen all year) as are the Saturdays.

As others noted - HUGE Mondays (ala I2 last week, JW1) always deflate the Tuesday due to sheer volume of tickets being sold. Obviously with a significantly smaller number to work off of, JW2 can go "up" more than some.

Friday for Fallen Kingdom won't be higher than 18.5 though, based on the current pattern of Tuesdays/Fridays - will be curious if this can buck the trend.

The other estimates released so far look great considering we are getting into the thick of Summer now.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Someone has to do the 

400 back on the menu boys

Never had a doubt it was going to reach that mark. Quite surprised with some harsh predictions.

• Like 1

Just like the Monday number, this number doesn’t tell me anything about JW2 run. In fact, whatever drop it has this weekend won’t tell me much either. 

Im gonna wait till next week to see what kind of pattern forms (if one even forms at all) for this movie before making my judgement. $400M is alive but its not like it was dead yesterday either. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

+45% for O8

+40% for Tag

+21 for Hereditary

+25 for JM2 if the number holds - Scott's numbers have been consistently slightly higher then actual.

JW2 number came from Deadline. I can’t imagine it being that far off

Also was looking at how July 4th week played out last time when it was on a Wednesday. It doesn't look like you get a huge boost either weekend. You get a small boost both weekends with very strong weekdays the entire week.

You will have some people take the whole week off, some will take the first half off, some will take the second half off so I think that tends to spread things out a little more, rather than have one huge bump or really big weekend.

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

So with a $13.73M Tuesday, where does I2 go now. Seriously I don’t know if it’s good or not.

It’s good for the numbers it’s doing but it’s clear now to me that I2 isn’t playing like an animated movie. Finding Dory jumped 43.5% it’s second Tuesday and actually made over $14M so it’s already ahead of I2 despite I2 opening $45M more than it. 

I still think its too early to say how it’ll go but so far I2’s run since it’s OW has been disappointing to me. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 4