WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

Honestly, anyone think Grace Randolph, the person not the user, is going to post some video this week about how 'Marvel's in trouble' and 'Disney needs to re-think their brand because there's such a huge disconnect between them and fans' 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, cookie said:

What was the Weinstein comparison?

In the TTG movie thread he compared Marvel treatment of their female characters to Harvey Weinstein.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

13 minutes ago, Nova said:

Even if the film wasn’t going to make a profit. Even if Ant-Man and The Wasp was a massive bomb, it still boggles my mind that so many members have a sexist mentality and just blame the female representation in films as if movies with white male leads don’t bomb every month. 

i think without wasp kicking ass in promos and reviews/reactions, ant2 would have done much less. didn't like ant1 much and never had interest in seeing ant2 but could see it for lily. honestly feel that with less focus on wasp inpromos this would have done 60-65 ow if not lower. hell there would be no reason to have an ant-man sequel without her. there's no ds2 but there's an ant-man2 thanks to wasp.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Honestly, anyone think Grace Randolph, the person not the user, is going to post some video this week about how 'Marvel's in trouble' and 'Disney needs to re-think their brand because there's such a huge disconnect between them and fans' 

Coudnt care less.

Why is this Grace Randolph person even mentioned in seemingly every weekend thread? Is it because of this one troll user here? Because the real person coundt be more bad, biased and ignorant when it comes to analysing box office, hence why she shoudnt get recognition here imo.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

AMATW not being too huge definitely leaves room open for Fallout to breakout at the end of this month. Otherwise nothing in July is gonna crack 250. 

I hope so, but the forum has been over inflating AntMan2 numbers the last couple of weeks, i'm afraid the same will happen to Fallout and then people will be disappointed

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Coudnt care less.

Why is this Grace Randolph person even mentioned in seemingly every weekend thread? Is it because of this one troll user here? Because the real person coundt be more bad, biased and ignorant when it comes to analysing box office, hence why she shoudnt get recognition here imo.

I don't think Randolph is worth the time of day as far as box office analysis goes of course. It just bothers me when people say stupid stuff, and those people have a bigger following in the movie world than us :lol:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Alli said:

I hope so, but the forum has been over inflating AntMan2 numbers the last couple of weeks, i'm afraid the same will happen to Fallout and then people will be disappointed

This would be the first July/August stretch since 2005 to not have at least one 300+ grosser or one 250+ if nothing does it. If you adjust, then you have to go all the way back to '95 to find that stretch without a 250+ grosser. Historically speaking, something is extremely likely to do it. Fallout is the strongest contender, though I could see CR maybe doing it as well. Either way, I think Fallout is poised to breakout. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I can't imagine many people would be up for watching an Ant-Man movie that early in the morning.

It’s the only 2D showing so that’s why I’m here, lol.

And now it’s having technical problems. Sad!