WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

52 minutes ago, Andreas said:

AMATW opened in line with expectations in the US and above expectations OS. The movie made considerably more than its predecessor both stateside and overseas. Deadline projects $100M+ in profits with a foreseeable $600M WW cume. AM made it to $520M WW, AMATW should easily pass $600M ww, it will probably settle at around $650M.

In conclusion: Haters ain't got nothing on Ant-Man. The movie represents another Marvel/Disney win.

But they ain’t tryna hear all this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nova said:

If only every comic book character who wasn’t generic, outdated, and cliche could do the box numbers that Wonder Woman did :thinking: 

So I take it that means Captain Marvel is going to do $420M+ domestic and open over $100M right? I mean since she’s the far superior female character, right? 

We'll see, Marvel has proven so many times picking up unknown characters among the non-comic book readers and turning into icons like Black Panther, Guardians of the Galaxy and still have people who want to doubt about their ability.

Edited by andersonhoran

1 minute ago, AJG said:

But they ain’t tryna hear all this.

Needed it over Solo and... that other movie dom for maximum laughter so yes, it's an abject failure. Yall can't spin this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Guys what if audiences end up liking both the big superhero movies that star women and don't feel the need to constantly put the other one down when their preferred one is brought up. Like, wouldn't that be nuts

Oh you sweet summer child

• Like 1

Just now, Biggestgeekever said:

Ahh yes, people will forget all about superheroes in favor of cat people who fuck with ponytails.

How vulgar. Na'vi have human like reproductive organs and the use of the Queue (ponytail) is purely to create an emotional bond and does not in itself lead to procreation.

6 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Needed it over Solo and... that other movie dom for maximum laughter so yes, it's an abject failure. Yall can't spin this

Now we're going to have to wait like 4 years until we get an Ant-Man movie over Solo and that other one. Very frustrating :p 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

lol

Stop saying bullshit. Carol is great and her movie will be great. 

Carol is an Air Force major, who works in space, will bring something differential to the genre.

Wonder Woman is only known because she has been exposed to the media all these years,there are VARIOUS other female characters better than her, she is simply generic,outdated and cliche,and her movie is also generic and cliche.

Marvel has the best female characters: Jean Grey,Storm,Rogue,Wasp,Thor(Jane Foster),Emma Frost,Sue Storm,Scarlet Witch,She Hulk,Spider-Woman,Ms Marvel...LGBT characters has Wiccan and Hulkling the most iconic gay couple in the comics...so just stop. 

I'm not making anything up. All of what I said is true. Marvel has tried to push Carol as their top female and Marvel fans have flat out rejected her. They've even given her a nickname, that I'd rather not repeat.

And no, Wonder Woman is none of the above, which is why her film was such a roaring success. Fact is, Diana is the alpha female, as no other female character even comes close to reaching her accomplishments (heck only Batman/Spiderman/Superman are in her league). She's been in constant publication since 1941, and has had a outside media presence since the 1960's...

The X-Women are cool and all, but DC just has a bigger more marketable roster (thanks to Super Hero Girls aka a billion dollar franchise). Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Supergirl, Batgirl, Poison Ivy, Hawkgirl, Raven, Starfire, Bumblebee, Katana, Jessica Cruz...etc Yeah, DC stomps! Also FYI, Harley Quinn, Posion Ivy, Constantine, Aqualad (from Young Justice), Midnighter and Apollo are all LGBT characters and more iconic than Hulkling/Wiccan.

Edited by El Gato
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

They conveniently forgot AQP 🤔

Nope it is mentionned:

Currently, the highest-grossing original live-action film of the summer is Book Club, which opened to $13 million and went on to rake in $66 million total. So Skyscraper could easily beat out its competition in this specific (and sadly, diminishing) category in the summer. But in the winter and spring of this year, we had surprise hits like A Quiet Place($50 million opening, $187 million total) and Game Night ($17 million opening, $69 million total).

Expecting China will push it over AQP

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

The general audience made me proud this weekend. Don't just run out and support any old shit that Marvel throws against the wall.  Make them earn those dollars.  😈

But Ant Man was pretty good while two of the worst Marvel movies, Doctor Strangw and Spider-Man Homecoming, made money 

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

How vulgar. Na'vi have human like reproductive organs and the use of the Queue (ponytail) is purely to create an emotional bond and does not in itself lead to procreation.

Spoiler

So does anal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

RO did 39m in Japan. Solo has done around 1/3 or less of RO in nearly all markets, so that same pattern for Japan would mean 14-15m is probably the highest it would go. 

RO did 36 odd in Japan I think and last I visited the Japanese BO thread an analysis said 25+ looked realistic for Solo.

Ant-Man and the Wasp's Total is ok neither good nor bad. July Weekdays should ensure a final total above $200M and Worldwide should exceed well above $600M. If Ant-Man acted like a Phase 1 film in Phase 2 then it sorta makes sense Ant-Man and the Wasp is acting like a Phase 2 film in Phase 3.

Also keeping in mind that Ant-Man hasn't had a major role in any of the team up films that helped boost the Thor and Cap sequels. He had a nice showing in Civil War but that was a small role in a film where Spider-Man and Black Panther stole the show too.

• Like 3

What is up with those contradicting Boxoffice articles for Antman and Wasp in the Stateside the writer say it will be in the black with a gross of 600-650 million from 162 million budget. Then in the foreign one the writer says it will profit with 100 million getting to 600 million from 162 million budget.

I am seriously confused 

1 hour ago, Curtis1986 said:

I have a feeling Disney is going to release Black Panther in 5 to 6 months during Oscar campaign time as a part of their Oscar push for the film. That is when it will most likely cross 700. Universal did the same thing for get out.

Wonder Woman or The Dark Knight didn’t get an Oscar nomination for best picture. Why would this. Its a fairly straight forward superhero movie. Those 2 Movies are far superior.

• Disbelief 2