WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

2 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Feige was really smart with IW. Including every actor in Hollywood in the movie covers a huge voting block. 

Honestly, I'm hoping AIW gets nominated the same way Return of the King finally won for LOTR (even though Fellowship was the worthier movie - there's a hot take from me, but then again, since it just won best movie ever on BOT, maybe not:)...finally give the franchise its due in a movie that was pretty damn spectacular for a comic movie...

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Honestly, I'm hoping AIW gets nominated the same way Return of the King finally won for LOTR (even though Fellowship was the worthier movie - there's a hot take from me, but then again, since it just won best movie ever on BOT, maybe not:)...finally give the franchise its due in a movie that was pretty damn spectacular for a comic movie...

Film twitter and BOT would implode if IW got a best picture nomination. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

It won't. The Avengers might've been an even bigger cultural event at the time than Infinity War is and that movie probably wasn't even close to a Best Picture nomination.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Christopher Robin. And The Nun.

Just gonna throw out my predictions for the major releases for the next few months while I'm at it.

Skyscraper - 30/80

Hotel - 42/130

Equalizer - 26/85

Mama Mia - 35/120

Mission - 55/180

Christopher Robin - 60/225

The Meg - 15/35

Happytime - 20/50

Slender - 20/40

The Nun - 55/175

Predator - 25/70

House w Clock - 25/85

Smallfoot - 25/90

Night School - 45/110

Skyscraper: $27.5M/$75M

HT3: $47.8M/$160M

Equalizer 2: $35M/$90M

Mama Mia: HWGA!: $40M/$145M

Fallout: $60M/$200M

Robin: $65M/$270M

Meg: $20M/$55M

The Nun: $50M/$130M

Predator: $30M/$80M

Clock: $17.5M/$60M

Smallfoot: $20M/$70M

Night School: $45M/$125M

Venom: $100M/$260M

Unbroken: $15M/$45M

El Royale: $25M/$90M

A Star: $35M/$120M

Goosebumps: $20M/$70M

First Man: $40M/$140M

Mowgli: $20M/$50M

Halloween: $80M/$200M

Overlord: $25M/$65M

JESA: $5M/$15M

Bohemian: $40M/$200M

Nutcracker: $30M/$90M

Nobody’s Fool: $15M/$50M

Grinch: $75M/$250M

Spider: $15M/$60M

Beasts 2: $80M/$230M

Ralph 2: $75M (five day)/$235M

Creed II: $40M (five day)/$100M

Robin Hood: $15M (five day)/$40M

Engines: $20M/$70M

Spiderverse: $35M/$200M

Aquaman: $65M/$240M

Bumblebee: $30M/$170M

Poppins: $60M/$280M

Alita: $25M/$100M

Marwen: $10M/$60M

Holmes/Watson: $15M/$80M

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2

As long as Ashes gets a nomination, that’s all I care about. Not because I actually care that it gets a nom but I just want to see a dancing Deadpool perform at the Oscars with Céline. They don’t even have to nominate it. Just invite them to do this and I’m game:

iymv8ml4nbnnljrfkew7.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Come one man, Wonder Woman is the citizen Kane/apocalypse now/The Godfather of the dccu and the few dc fans are oversensitive over it. Let them spew their bullshit, it’s the only thing they have left when we are living on a time when a “flop” Ant man movie will make more than a justice league film worldwide. Have some mercy on the poor folks, just say yes to everything they write.... 😉

Marvelites 🙄

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Nova said:

As long as Ashes gets a nomination, that’s all I care about. Not because I actually care that it gets a nom but I just want to see a dancing Deadpool perform at the Oscars with Céline. They don’t even have to nominate it. Just invite them to do this and I’m game:

iymv8ml4nbnnljrfkew7.gif

Spoiler

I love Deadpool 2 and the song ashes, but how hilarious and sad at the same time weeks after Infinity War ending in which Thanos did his snap and half of the universe population turned to ashes.

Edited by manny1234
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Nova said:

iymv8ml4nbnnljrfkew7.gif

The interesting thing is that Ashes will indeed get the Oscar nod for Best Song while BP will get zero nods for anything (just watch), which will be hilarious, because you know that all the MCU loonies as well as the anti-MCU loonies will go nuts over that, just like what happened when Suicide Squad won an Oscar.

:hahaha:

And boy, do I hope that the Celine song gets the actual statue!

Popcorn is ready...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

It won't. The Avengers might've been an even bigger cultural event at the time than Infinity War is and that movie probably wasn't even close to a Best Picture nomination.

Only the biggest movie wins besr picture.

That's how A New Hope won.

No Avengers film will ever get a best pic nom. The Avengers films are candy movies.  Fun but not terribly deep or important. The Oscars are very flawed but they ain't nominating an Avengers movie. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

No Avengers film will ever get a best pic nom. The Avengers films are candy movies.  Fun but not terribly deep or important.

The Soul Gem and Hydra's incredibly relevant insurgency and concepts explored in Infinity War and BP are deeper than anything you'll find in Avatar or tripe like Crash.

Edited by grey ghost

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

The Soul Gem and Hydra's incredibly relevant insurgency and concepts explored in Infinity War and BP are deeper than anything you'll find in Avatar or tripe like Crash.

I said Avengers movies, not MCU films in general. And I hope you don't expect me to defend those two movies. I don't like those movies. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I said Avengers movies, not MCU films in general. And I hope you don't expect me to defend those two movies. I don't like those movies. 

@IronJimbo