Totem

3 reasons why you think Harry Potter and the "???" is the weakest in the series?

The weakest imo is Order of the Phoenix1. Soundtrack, very generic and often annoying.2. Script, Goldenberg did a decent job but he really did butcher a few things, gave the film a disjointed feel.3. Sirius' death, yeh not emotional at all, weak

Edited by Totem

I keep changing my list. Sometimes, OOTP is the weakest for me...other times it's COS, and occasionally HBP. It all depends on my mood. I'll go with HBP atm . It had incredible cinematography, without a doubt the best of the series, and some touching moments, but it focused WAY too much on romance, and at times I got bored. I disliked how much they cut from the ending, which was also very anti-climatic. The soundtrack was also among the weakest of the series, although, it did have some memorable tracks like the beautiful 'the friends'. A fantastic beginning, but a boring middle, and a solid ending, which could have been a lot better.

COS to me was the most boring film of the franchise. Pacing issues, way too long, and probably the worst film of the franchise in my opinion. OOTP get too much scrutiny. Sure, it had its flaws, but was at least an entertaining film, especially at the end.

GoF. Ridiculously choppy in too many parts, some of the acting was really bad, they butchered how some of the characters should act (Dumbledore shrieking DID YOU PUT YER NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIYA?!), and simplifying the maze. OoTP is way better than GoF. It had substance.

• Like 3

My least favorite is either the first or the second. Though I have the same problems with both. They seem to be rushing through the events of the book with little emotional connection. Plus the acting from the children is ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS.

GoF. Ridiculously choppy in too many parts, some of the acting was really bad, they butchered how some of the characters should act (Dumbledore shrieking DID YOU PUT YER NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIYA?!), and simplifying the maze.

I remember being so annoyed when Michael Gambdon took over as Dumbledore and basically changed the character. It annoyed me even more when he admitted in an interview that he had never read the books. Ultimately he improved but the hostility of his portrayal in GOF is shocking.
  • Like 2

My least favorite is Half Blood Prince.The teen angst ruined the movie for me, I get so annoyed with it I can't even sit through it anymore. I also hate how the film varies so wildly in tone. The story is extremely dark but the characters are living in a half comedy-half drama world, switching back and forth like it's nothing.