sfran43

Weekend Thread: | Estimates (per BOM) ~ M:I-F 35M, DCR 25.003M, TSWDM 12.35M, MM!HWGA 9.09M, TE2 8.83M, HT3:SV 8.2M, AMatW 6.188M, TDM 5.8M

11 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Far more likely to be like that for Portugal. Doubt it goes as low as 0.5, since kids are fully out of school until mid September and even the 1st Ant-Man grossed nearly 800K USD. Very little competition too. Only worrying prospect for AM&TW is The Meg (which should blow up in the Jason Statham dick sucking country this is.... though The Meg probably deserves to blow up everywhere anyway).

I imagine you're about right with the others, though. I could even put a little bit more on China, given that the 1st one made 105M, so I could see a bump up to 115-120 type thing.

MI5 did about 135 in China and I expect MI6 to do great as well. Ant-Man comes out a week before MI6 so it will lose a huge majority of its screen. 

• Like 1

Predictions for next weekend:

The Meg: 23M

Mission: Impossible - Fallout: 22M

Christopher Robin: 16M

BlacKkKlansman: 10M

Slender Man: 8M

Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation: 6.1M

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again: 6M

The Equalizer 2: 5.9M

The Spy Who Dumped Me: 5.6M

Ant-Man and the Wasp: 5M

Incredibles 2: 4M

Dog Days: 3.5M (5M 5 day)

Spy is reaaaaaally going to be out of the top 10 in two weeks, isn't it? :hahaha: 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

seriously. i haven't seen mamma mia 2 so i don't know if she suddenly woke up for that project but she's been wallpaper in everything else. i don't hate her but i couldn't imagine having any sort of reaction to her work.

Bad Coolio, I expected this from Iron Jimbo and Futurist, but not from you. More like Lame-io.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

I ll never blame men for having so much the hots for an actress that you can't see the lack of acting behind the pretty face and smile.

That s how we are wired.

Looks eventually go away.

Talent is forever.

Edited by The Futurist

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I ll never blame men for having so much the hots for an actress that you can't see the lack of acting behind the pretty face and smile.

That s how we are wired.

Looks eventually go away. 

Talent is forever.

Don't dismiss us as mere horndogs for recognising that Lily James is a GOOD actress.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Three guys fall in love with Lily James in like two days and it's by far the most plausible part of Mamma Mia 2.

She's crazy charming. 

Lily James is a 6 to Amanda Seyfried's 8. 

• ...wtf 1

36 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Bad Coolio, I expected this from Iron Jimbo and Futurist, but not from you. More like Lame-io.

not even hating but she's pretty consistently in stuff that i forget she was in. like apparently she was in darkest hour according to her wiki page. ok!

17 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

not even hating but she's pretty consistently in stuff that i forget she was in. like apparently she was in darkest hour according to her wiki page. ok!

To be fair it’s hard to notice any other actors when you have Oldman screaming about tigers

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

To be fair it’s hard to notice any other actors when you have Oldman screaming about tigers

Except for The Mendelsohn

I remember Lily James in Darkest Hour cause it pretty much begins with the obligatory biopic scene where we learn that the Important Historical Figure in question sometimes didn't have his pants on, and she's there as an audience surrogate being all shocked about it. Oh, and she also teaches him about the V sign. I think.

• Like 2

Funny that we're talking about Darkest Hour because BOG made this typo in their weekend article. Although one could easily assume they were referring to this movie from earlier in the decade that The Darkest Minds will be as quickly forgotten as:

The Darkest Hour Theatrical Poster.jpg

The Spy Who Dumped Me can take solace in the fact that it wasn't The Darkest Hour which debuted to a very poor $5.8M, according to estimates, from 3,127 theaters for a per screen average of only $1,855. Reviews were extremely bad and audiences could only muster up a B CinemaScore. Another YA title bites the dust at the box office.

Looks like the weekdays should be close to this

17.00 - Mission 6 - 141.65

13.36 - CRobin - 38.36

6.81 - Mamma Mia - 98.15

6.60 - Spy/Dumped - 18.95

5.69 - Hotel Tran 3 - 142.15

4.26 - Equalizer 2 - 84.15

4.00 - Ant-Man 2 - 199.59

3.50 - Incredibles - 586.64

3.33 - Teen Titans - 24.13

2.90 - Darkest Minds - 8.75

2.50 - Jurassic World - 408.12

1.76 - Eighth Grade - 8.35

1.30 - Death of a Nation - 3.63

1.21 - Skyscraper - 66.12

0.57 - First Purge - 68.34

0.45 - Bother - 15.37

0.45 - Blindspotting - 3.62

0.34 - Neighbor - 21.47

0.16 - Avengers - 678.22

0.13 - Uncle Drew - 42.03

0.12  - Solo: Star Wars - 212.26

0.11 - Unfriended - 8.73

0.11 - Deadpool - 318.13

0.06 - Hereditary - 44.00

Being #1 in summer repeatedly is difficult as competetion is high and more importantly the summer weekdays preceeding a weekend take away a lot of dough from that weekend for holdovers, but naturally not for the movies in the opening weekend. So MI6 being #1 3 weekends if it beats Meg will be quiet a feat especially for a movie that openend sub-75m, and is supposed to have sequelitis.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

August looks dead. Maybe something can pull a Hitman's bodyguard and stay on top for 3 weeks.

MI could be #1 again this weekend if The Meg stays in the tracking range (which I'm leaning towards after CR underperformed). Otherwise, I think it'll be something new every weekend.