chasmmi

Top 100 Characters 2018 countdown has begun, Number 39 Will Blow Your MInd!!

4 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

Wrong, he's going to be better than Vader.

There's an impending man-made disaster on the way and I feel like I'm one of the few who see it coming. I wonder if I could invest in something to make money off Avatar sequels success.

• Like 1

Jake Sully and Neytiri made the bottom half of this list,  (I didn't vote for them, but I voted for Quaritch)

Quaritch would need a lot of vote power to make it this high.  I don't think he got as many votes as the two former PLUS additional votes.  

I'm thinking Beatrice Prior for the upset with the Divergent trilogy.  Harry Potter split the vote with too many characters.  Beatrice could soar to #1.  Competition could be with Peter (Miles Teller), Four, Christina, and Tori Wu (Maggie Q).

Edited by dX airdry zid
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

There's an impending man-made disaster on the way and I feel like I'm one of the few who see it coming. I wonder if I could invest in something to make money off Avatar sequels success.

I'm currently so deep into DIS stock I actually dream about it. I wouldn't be anywhere near as exposed were it not for Jim. 

• Astonished 1

19 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

No idea how to invest in Avatar 2, maybe a prediction betting market is the closest you can come to it. I don't believe in the EMH and that belief has served me well so far when investing.

• Like 1

build Pandora around you so when Avatar 2 opens, people can visit you at home.

It would be tough to swallow having Quaritch as a new Vader.  I'm predict Quaritch would have to eventually flip Jake Sully by revealing himself to be his father, then telling him he must destroy Pandora so Earth can live on.

• Haha 1

39th - Furiosa - Charleze Theron - Mad Max: Fury Road

The muse of Dominic Toretto 

Well number 39 is finally here (I'll say now that I literally picked a random number for the Buzzfeed line, but maybe a couple will get pissy over this. Fury Road was an excellent film that did a great job of building characters by their actions instead of just using long drawn out conversations. 

Furiosa was a character that probably took a lot of people by surprise that a 2 hour long chase scene could sprout a new cult figure. To the point where Mad Max himself only finished up in 168th point. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38th - Ian Malcolm - JEff Goldblum - Jurassic Park

We were so concerned about whether he could make the list, we never considered whether he should.

One of cinema's best and highest grossing horror film's iconic characters. There was a glorious time when Jeff Goldblum walked the Earth and stood supreme above all he surveyed. The character of Ian Malcolm has almost all the good lines in Jurassic Park and he adds an extra level of charm to a film that was already overflowing with quality in ever corner. 

Alan Grant finished 180th with the T-Rex herself in 488th. 

• Like 12

37th - Hans Landa - Christoph Waltz - Inglorious Basterds

My Spell Checker just had a nervous breakdown with all that. 

The role that launched Waltz into 47 other films playing different variants of this character. It also sees ol' Quentin amble onto our list for the third time and for three different films. 

Waltz's character from DJango also received votes, but only enough to finish 260th

• Like 11

36th - Miles Quaritch - Stephen Lang - Avatar

FInally an entry to unite the whole forum...

Our final Avatar Character and our final character to receive 5 votes. Every other character left has received 9 votes or more with the exception of 1 single 7 vote wonder (not a Cameron character!!!).

HE is also the first character on the list to have received more than 1 first place vote with 2 firsts. Only 4 characters in total received multiple first place finishes...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

6 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

35th - Miles Quaritch - Stephen Lang - Avatar

FInally an entry to unite the whole forum...

Our final Avatar Character and our final character to receive 5 votes. Every other character left has received 9 votes or more with the exception of 1 single 7 vote wonder (not a Cameron character!!!).

HE is also the first character on the list to have received more than 1 first place vote with 2 firsts. Only 4 characters in total received multiple first place finishes...

There he is the new age Vader.

Love him and Avatae 2020 couldnt come sooner.

• Thanks 1

35th - Doc Brown - Christopher Lloyd - Back To The Future

A Great Scot just made the list...

Lloyd's most iconic role finishes off the middle third of the list as we get one half of the great BTTF double act. Lloyd is a great comedic actor who has excelled in so many great film roles be it in the Addams Family, Who Framed Roger Rabbit or Piranha 3D. 

The only other vote was for Judge Doom down in 708th though.

• Like 14

We need a new love icon or something. Because I would absolutely love to hit the love icon for dock brown. I can't remember exactly what I placed him but I think he was in my top 25. Just one of the most awesome characters ever created.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1