sfran43

Monday's Numbers

rough est for meg from tue-sun,

6 (20 2nd weekend; -56%)

83.5 10-day + 2.3*20 = 129.5 dom (2.85x multi)

EDIT: SS had added 2.25x the 2nd weekend to it's cume so I feel that 2.3-2.4x the 2nd weekend is very much feasible for Meg. The qeustion is weather it manages 20 2nd weekend (-56% compared to SS's -67%). If it fals 60% for 18 weekend, and then adds 2.3x that weekend to the cume, will end up with 81.5 + 2.3*18 = 123 dom (2.7x)

Edited by a2k
  • Astonished 1

36 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Thinking 225-230m finish for MI6

Fallout did about the same as RN on Monday. If it keeps the pace it should do 215M.   But i think MIF will have trouble matching the RN numbers from here on. we'll see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alli said:

Fallout did about the same as RN on Monday. If it keeps the pace it should do 215M.   But i think MIF will have trouble matching the RN numbers from here on. we'll see.

agree. and some of the monday gross has shifted to tuesday these days and tomorrow might make things very rosy before wed normalizes. feel 210 (3.4x+) will happen. not much comp in the way in this period.

• Like 1

Now that schools are starting again, it's hard to say what exactly means what during the weekdays (the same goes for 2015). Some schools likely started back up yesterday. And the Monday gross is still 14% higher than Rogue Nation. I can't see lower than 215, even if it can't keep pace with Rogue Nation's drops, it should still be able to match Rogue Nation in dollars for the majority of the run.

Wednesday drop should look slightly harsher because of Crazy Rich Asians opening and taking some theaters/audience. But Thursday/Friday might look better by comparison.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Alli said:

same drop as RN from sunday. 62%    but a bigger drop from last monday. 44%  RN vs 52% Fallout

Just curious, but why does it seem like you are hoping that mission impossible 6 is going to fail? I mean you do realize that it is unquestionably a big hit and is going to do at least Rogue Nation numbers in North America and should become the highest-grossing of the series worldwide?

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

Just curious, but why does it seem like you are hoping that mission impossible 6 is going to fail? I mean you do realize that it is unquestionably a big hit and is going to do at least Rogue Nation numbers in North America and should become the highest-grossing of the series worldwide?

what? on the contrary. i want it to do good. but i'm a pessimistic and just reporting the numbers

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, baumer said:

That. I have the exact same impression.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Now that schools are starting again, it's hard to say what exactly means what during the weekdays (the same goes for 2015). Some schools likely started back up yesterday.

Middle TN area this is the second full week of school for numerous counties. 

2 hours ago, Alli said:

same drop as RN from sunday. 62%    but a bigger drop from last monday. 44%  RN vs 52% Fallout

Fallout had a strong Monday last week (-34.8% from its first Monday, compared to Rogue Nation's -51.2% from its first Monday). If you compare this Monday (its third Monday) to two Mondays ago, Fallout is down -69% compared to Rogue Nation's -73%.

As of Monday, Fallout is at a 2.67 multiplier compared to Rogue Nation's 2.52 multiplier.

Fallout is still doing better overall, which is impressive given Rogue Nation's run was a great one to begin with.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 8